Chapter 16

Thank you for giving my story your precious time by reading it. I hope you will support it by voting and commenting as well.

Chapter 16

Chapter 16

She felt instantly that his mood was off: he was exuding a chilly air, his jaws were clenched and he had a frown on his forehead. He looked lost in his thoughts and did not even take a glance at her as if she was not there at all.

'He is moodier than me.' She thought. 'He was so talkative yesterday.'

All the way to the university he was silent and cold. She did not initiate any conversation either. Something was off and she could feel that intensely. She could see that the driver was also tensed today. She watched the trees and vehicles passing by swiftly.

She would sometimes felt eyes on her. She knew the source because of the intensity in that stare.

The car stopped in front of Jahan University. She looked at him who was busy on his phone and had not any intention of getting out of the car. She looked at the driver who was looking at her expectantly through the rear-view mirror. She silently opened the car door and got out. The moment she stepped onto the threshold of the entering gate, she heard the car moved forward with a sound. She looked back at the car which was getting further away by passing seconds.

'What a temperament!' she thought wryly.

........................

He was looking at a figure who was sitting alone on a far bench in the garden from a distance. She was lost in her thoughts and looked sad. She looked to be from a rural area as everything about her screamed countryside style. She had soft features, looked shy and reserved. She was looking down, lost in her thoughts. She was dressed in light blue long frock. She had worn black long shawl which had covered her entirely.

He stepped towards her and stopped before her. She had not yet noticed his presence.

''Any problem?'' he asked gravely.

She jerked her head upward towards him and looked at him surprisingly.

He smiled lightly at her, ''You looked worried. Do you have some problems?''

She shook his head at him and gave him a questioning look.

''Well, you looked sad, so I thought maybe I could help in some ways.'' He offered his help in a kind manner.

''No, I don't have any problem.'' She said gently. ''Thank you for your offer, though.'' Her voice was soft.

''Excuse me.'' She stood up and intended to go away from there, from him as she remembered her best friends' warning of staying away from him.

''Are you also considering me as the bad boy here?'' he asked sadly at her retreating figure.

She halted at the sadness in his voice. She turned around and observed his face intently. He looked wronged and aggrieved. Although he was trying his best to hide his inner turmoil. She stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do in that situation. He tried to smile but the unsuccessful attempt made him pitiful.

She smiled lightly and turned to walk way.

The moment she turned around, his face became blank and unreadable.

He did not insist or follow her because he knew she had a shy and reserved personality. It would take time for her to not feel any uneasiness in his presence.

He stood there and stared at her figure that was fading away from his eyes. His jaws clenched unconsciously and a determination appeared in his eyes. However, he remained looked passive, standing over there.