Chapter 1

Chapter 1

''Sajal Hayat!''

She was in her room examining her new gold bracelet when her mother called. She sighed and gazed at the bracelet. It has emeralds — no doubt a very expensive piece of jewellery.

''Sajal Hayat! Come here. NOW!''

Her mother Roja said loudly. Her mother sounded furious that's why she was calling her Sajal Hayat and not Zareesh Hayat.

''Coming!'' she shouted from her room. Her room was spacious; luxurious; white and dark green themed but it had almost all of her favourite colors: red, maroon, blue, purple, black, pink, and orange cushions on white sofas. Walls, curtains, bed spread and bed sheet and doors were white. Carpet was dark green. All the interior decoration of her portion, along with her room, was decorated with her favourite cool colours. She liked all colours but some were her favourites. Her least liked colours were yellow and brown. But she loved chocolate brown. She just disliked having brown or yellow dress. May be because she looked good in cool colours and did not look good in brown and yellow in her view. She liked lemon colour.

She stepped out from her room. Her mother was coming towards her, when she saw Sajal coming out of her room, she halted in her way and glared at her.

Roja was a very beautiful woman. She had average height; long thick black hair; medium brown eyes; high cheek bones; thin lips and nose. She was fair. She was kind and compassionate but had a fierce side, too.

''What ammi?'' Sajal said innocently, hiding her smirk.

''You already know why I'm here but this time you wouldn't expect what you are going to face.''

''What?'' this time concern was evident in Sajal's voice.

''Believe me. I've tried my best to stop this but the situation has got out of control.'' Roja said.

''But ...'' Sajal tried to reason.

''Come downstairs. Your father is calling you.'' Roja turned around and went away.

She made her way downstairs. Everyone was in the family meeting room. She could hear many familiar voices talking at once. When she stepped into the threshold, everyone paused and glared at her. Her siblings, two brothers and one sister were sitting on the right side of her father. She smiled at them with feigned innocence.

''Finally!'' her father Yaawar Hayat said with fake enthusiasm. He was a tall, middle aged man. He had dark brown hair; brown intense and piercing eyes when directed at someone, one could feel the frightening intensity, piercing into one's soul revealing every little secret; tanned skin and round face. He had a kind of dark and intimidating aura around him. He wasn't handsome but not bad looking either. He looked more a military officer than a businessman.

''What baba?'' Sajal answered with the same feigned innocence.

''Do you know how much money you took from my bank account for your bracelet?'' Yaawar Hayat said.

''Two million dollars.'' She said calmly.

''Two million dollars for a bracelet!'' her baba seemed surprised. She gulped. She kind of knew that was coming.

''Really! Only two million dollars for a bracelet. I thought you would bought something more expensive.'' He paused and then said. ''The perks of being a daughter of multi-billionaire, huh!''

''Oh! Why didn't you tell me before? Don't worry I would buy more expensive things next time.'' Sajal smiled, reassuring him. But she knew her baba was furious.