Chapter 9

Thank you for reading my story! Even if you read a single chapter of my story I appreciate that!

Chapter 9

'I knew that and I also feel that this office has a neutral theme.' She thought. It was grey, white and brown.

Suddenly she felt being stared at again. She clenched her fist tightly at the feelings and gazed at the entire office casually. There were cameras installed all over the office. Now she was sure that she was not feeling paranoid because the feeling was not there when she entered the office. It returned now. She was suspecting that their conversation was also under surveillance of someone.

''No. I'm new here'' She said innocently.

Although she looked and sounded innocent and naïve but she was burning with fury inside. She was feeling helpless, frustrated and weak. Never ever before she had stepped back in a situation because she could always solved an issue with her identity and most importantly with her eloquence. But today she could not do that because she was a nobody here and could be kicked out without any reason. She had to keep low profile because being high profile could bring trouble more than she could afford.

''Oh!'' as if he realised this point now, he looked at her thoughtfully and nodded his head. ''That's understandable.'' He said lightly. She knew he was acting. Of course, he knew already those facts. How could he be a principal if he called a student to his office and did not know the student?

Sajal frowned. The Principal did not seem like those of strict ones. Instead he looked friendly and easy-going.

However, Sajal did not know that the principal was in fact a strict person and the students would at least think a dozen time before arguing with him. However, he was indeed not harsh.

''If you knew the rules then you might be expelled, but since you did not know the rules here you will get a detention.'' He said in a low heavy voice. He looked really strict and intimidating for an average student but this thing was clear that she was not an average student or else why could she stood up to that terrifying person.

''What detention?'' Sajal Hayat asked calmly. ''I stood against The Great Bullies of this institution. Don't you think I deserved a reward for my good intentions.'' She said without any expression on her face. The intensity of the stare increased.

Really! They were freaks and creepy. She thought.

''What?'' He blinked. He thought he had misheard her.

Sajal repeated what she had said before in a tranquil and unhurried voice.

''You have broken a rule of this institution and yet you want a reward.'' He asked impassively.

''I stood to cruelness and defended respectable students of this respectable educational institution and yet I am detained!?'' She stated in a little dramatic way. Her expression appeared sorrowful and her eyes had a distant look as if a righteous and wise person was lamenting over the ridiculousness and irrationality of the world.

He stared at her not knowing whether to criticise her or not. But he had to detain her after all it was an order from the big Boss.

''The first part of your detention is to do The Great's sitting room makeover.'' He stated, pretending as if he had not heard or saw her protests.

''What?'' Sajal asked in disbelief.

''The Great's sitting room makeover.''

''Why?'' She protested.

''If you don't want to get detention then you will be expelled from here.'' He said nonchalantly.

''No, I mean why there sitting room? Why not something else?'' She said hurriedly.