Chapter 23

Chapter 23

During the classes, after the break, she felt as if the time had slowed down. Nevertheless, she did not show it on her face. It was close to afternoon when her classes finished. As soon as she stepped out of university, she glanced around in an unnoticeable manner. She heaved a long sigh of relief when she did not find a certain someone.

She was delighted to be left alone and strolled in the direction of her home.

''Sajal!'' her delight vanished when she heard a familiar voice. She ignored the source of voice and calmly continued her pace not pausing at the voice.

''Sajal!'' she heard the voice again and this time it sounded nearer.

''Sajal, I know you can hear me.'' The vice said. She ignored it, however she had to stop because she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around towards the person.

''What?'' her expression was calm and indifferent.

''Let me drop you to your home.''

''Excuse me?'' she stared at the girl in front of her. ''Do you really think that we are real friends?'' she sneered at her.

''Well, we are not but we can be, hmm.'' Gulmeena Jahan smiled at Sajal.

''Come straight to the point.'' Sajal said bluntly.

''I want us to be friend.'' Gulmeena said gently.

''What?'' Sajal uttered in surprise.

''Yeah, I don't want you to dislike me or us.''

''By ''me or us'' mean you or your friends?''

''Yeah,''

''Impossible!''

''Why not?''

''We do not get along, and I don't like you people.'' Sajal said candidly.

''I know,'' Gulmeena said in an understanding manner. ''However, so what?''

''What do you mean?''

''I mean we can try to be harmonious with each other.''

''Let's talk at other time.'' Sajal had noticed that many students were staring at them curiously as all of them knew that they did not get along.

Gulmeena stared at her for a few seconds and nodded her head. She glanced at the curious student in an imperceptible manner.

.......................

As for why Gulmeena approached her. She did not know that.

However, Gulmeena really wanted to be closed to her because of the event that took place long before that day.

They were in the back garden of Forbidden Territory when they saw Umar Jahan entering through the backdoor of the back garden. What made them gasp with surprise when they saw him utterly soaked in water as water was dripping down the place he passed. Not to mention his dark expressions. Something must had happened.

''Elder brother, what happened?'' she asked him.

''Nothing!'' she saw him gritting his teeth.

He was angry!

They looked at each other as she saw him walked past them and entered the building.

''Say, could it be that he jumped into a pool or a fountain.'' Ashar laughed.

''What nonsense!'' Aleena snorted at him. ''Jumping into a pool in university time? For what?''

''Who knows?'' Samad said mischievously.