Chapter 32

Chapter 32

It is violent and calm.

“No,” She uttered decisively.

“Why?” His face fell.

“Why?” Sajal walked towards him and repeated his question mockingly.

“Because Mr Umar Jahan I don’t feel safe with you. My friend nearly lost her life and what did you do? Nothing! Do you think it’s only about me? No! It’s about everything that I care, everything about me. I don’t feel protective. I don’t trust you. I don’t feel loyalty...,” She stopped and stared at him silently.  She saw him staring at her with unspeakable emotions. “I think that’s enough."

“Bye,” She waved her hand at the cat, and slung the bag over her shoulder.  She could feel his eyes on her back.

“Meow,” a little creature had followed her nonetheless.

She looked back at the cat. Umar watched her as she instructed the cat to not follow her. There was no malicious intention behind her behaviour with the cat. He shook his head and stepped forward. 

Sajal turned around and walked away.  Deep down she felt a little disappointed by not being stopped. 

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

“How dare she?” He growled at her mother.

“W... What happened now?” her mother stuttered.

“Why did she go outside? I was silenced before at her going to university,  but now she even went as far as going on picnics?”
Heela started shivering. She was terrified .

“Her brother was with her. “ her mother defended her.

He started cussing profanities at her brother and her. Tears rolled down her cheeks.  This was supposed to be her fiancé,  her future husband. She was not married yet and he was like this. Just the thought of her future with a person like him made her shuddered.

“I, her fiancé, do not like that. So, she needs to be a morale woman.” He hissed.

“What?” her mother gasped in horror .

“You heard me. I want a wife whose CHARACTER is good?” He emphasised the word “character ".

“NO, she has a strong character.  My daughter has never been exposed to the world . She is in a prison.” Her mother cried hysterically.

Heela felt something twisted her heart. He was questioning her character just because she went on a picnic.  He knew that she had never gone outside except going to her close relatives.  She was home schooled. She started attending an educational institution in college. Yet... she felt numbed.

..............................................................

She was crying.

She could not believe that. If someone had told her that one day she would cry over a man she was sure she would have laughed at that person.  Yet now she was crying.

She was crying because of Umar Jahan.

Sajal Zareesh Hayat was crying because she had realised that she was attracted to a man for the first time in her life; however, that man was Umar Jahan. She could not trust him.  He did not protect her.

She was walking faster in the jungle.  She could feel the darkness spreading inside her.  She tried her best to keep hold of herself.

“It’s not necessary that your first relationship will be a success.” She reprimanded herself . “But it has not even started yet.” A voice whispered in her. She shuddered and stopped. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she realised that the man she was crying over was probably busy accomplishing his goals . She took out her phone and dialed a number.