Chapter 18

Thank you for reading my book. It means  a lot to me.

Chapter 18

Feelings!

He was no longer feeling any pain.

He wanted to feel pain but he could not; any longer.

Ironically, his captors also wanted him to feel pain―intense pain.

One by one he saw them getting killed in a most brutal manner. They would writhe and thrashed in pain. The slow reacting poison was slowly and excruciatingly swallowing their life force. Their mouths were covered with something. They could not voice their pain.

He watched them as they were tortured inhumanly for the sake of greed and ego: they were asked to give information on a piece of stone; a stone which could bring wealth—gemstone. It was Emerald as the rumours said: a rare and precious emerald.

Those five were the ones who dig it out in the mine. He was inspecting the work when they found the raw stone. There was nothing out of the ordinary about it until it was cut open and that's when all hell broke loose.

Where was the stone?

He did not know.

It was taken by a person sent by the leader. He told his abductors this again and again but they thought that they had somehow hid it in the mine and their leader had not yet received that. Obviously, there was a black sheep in their group, but he could not pinpoint the person. At that day when the raw stone was cut open, only those five were present at the scene. The stone was immediately handed to the secret person sent by the leader. His leader owned two types of emerald mines; public and secret one. The public mines owned by him were known to the public. However, the secret ones were not known to just anyone and they are guarded by strong security. The stone was found in the public mines― as called by them― and that's why the information was leaked.

He was also asked the information and address of his other fellows working for his leader. Of course, they did not get anything out of him. So, he was tortured brutally.

His mind was getting blank second by second as he saw those five humans getting killed in a cold-hearted manner. When the last person stopped writhing that was when he felt something snapped in his mind.

He was kept alive for watching that horrendous scene.

.....................................

Sajal Zareesh Hayat smirked inwardly when she stepped over the threshold of Jahan University. Today, The Bullies were going to have a big surprise. She tried to make her expressions appear naïve, gentle and calm. After taking three consecutive classes she was called into the principal office.

She knocked at the door of the principal's office. When she heard ''come in'', she twisted the knob and opened the door slowly. She saw three persons in the office along with the principal, or Mr Raza Baazeer. Two women and one man were sitting on the sofas and stared at her. She saw three different expressions on their faces, but judging from the air around them they looked examiners to her. She had a guess that they were going to judge her work.

''Assalamoalaikum.'' She greeted them in a neutral and respectful tone.

''Walaykumussalam.'' They nodded their head and greeted her back.

There was a momentary silence in the room during which the people, present in the office, observed each other. She stared at them as they looked at her with scrutiny.