Alyssa Pt.2

Jake was sitting in his trailer, waiting for his next outfit change. He racked his brain, thinking of ways to improve his character that he was portraying in this movie. This character reminded him a lot of himself. Charming, pleasant to be around, and a major player. It was kind of scary how similar they were alike.

A knock came from his door, pulling him out of his thoughts. "Come in."

"Hi, Jake." The costume designer said. She handed him his clothes for the next scene. "I think they're all sized right. If you have any problems let me know."

"Will do, thank you."

She nodded, and closed his trailer door. He began putting on his outfit. It was pretty simple. A letter man like jacket, with a white shirt and blue jeans. He heard a ding come from his phone. It was Tom.

Tom had sent him an adorable picture of Tessa. She was laying down, her head on her paws, and eyes wide as could be. He had captioned the photo, "Tess misses u".

Jake smiled from ear to ear, sad he couldn't be with the two of them. He texted back, and was almost immediately consumed by guilt. Should he tell him about him meeting up with Alyssa? He deserved to know, but Jake couldn't get himself to bring up with conversation. He didn't want to stress Tom out anymore than he already was. How bad could it be? Just a friendly outing. That's it, nothing more.

He stepped out onto set and was walking to his position when he overheard a conversation between two producers.

"So this Covid thing is getting pretty bad, huh?"

"Yeah, they've already started shutting down schools and businesses."

"Little dramatic don't you think?"

"Don't know. All I know is apparently we're going to have to start wearing masks."

Jake snapped back into reality. The director had been talking to him for over a minute now and he wasn't listening to a single word.

"You think you can do that?" The director asked.

Jake nodded stupidly.

Filming was wrapped up in short amount of time, three hours to be exact. Jake said goodbye to the cast and crew for the day, and returned to his car. He almost drove back to his hotel and then remembered about his get together with Alyssa. He hoped that she would forget about it, and continued to drive back.

On cue, his device buzzed over five times. "Who the hell could that be?" He grunted. He kept driving until he got to a red light. He quickly checked his phone, trying to figure out who was blowing him up.

"Where are you?"

"Are you still coming?"

"I went ahead and ordered you a coffee, I hope that's okay."

Jake guessed who it was pretty quickly, cringing at how clingy Alyssa still was. She hadn't changed one bit. What surprised him most was how she had his number. Then it clicked. He deleted her out of his phone, but being who she was she probably didn't delete his number.

He decided not to text back, and blocked her number all together. He wanted nothing more to do with her, and was planning to tell her off at the café. The red light turned greened, and he made his way back down the street and to the coffee shop. He parked his car in the parking lot, contemplating on whether or not to get out. He finally decided to just go in and get it over with.

"Jake!" She yelled, motioning for him to come sit with her.

Jake walked towards the table she sat at with his head down. He noticed how empty the coffee shop was, making him feel better about meeting up with her. "Thank you for ordering for me." He said, trying to be nice.

"Oh it was no problem!" She took a sip of her coffee. "So how have you been these past few years?"

"Good. Lots of movie roles and stuff like that you know. How have you been?" He sat down in a chair.

"I've been okay. Modeling takes it out of me so I've been here and there."

"I'm glad you've kept doing what you love. I know you were really passionate about that."

"Thanks." She smiled. "I also kind of want to apologize for how our relationship ended. I know it was a train wreck, but I'm hoping we can still be friends?"

Jake sucked in deep, not liking the thought of that at all. He made the decision to go ahead and tell her off, slightly feeling bad for leading her on. "Alyssa, I can't be seen with you anymore. I'm with Tom now, and I don't want to be friends with an ex. Sorry."

She looked down. "So what you're saying is, I'm a horrible person and you hate me."

Here she went with the gaslighting. But Jake didn't give into it. If anything, it fueled his hatred for how she was. "Bye, Alyssa." He stood up, and turned away from her. He was pulled back by his arm.

"Tom's just using you, you know. For publicity."

Jake pulled his arm away from her, amazed by how low she could go. "He's not. That's what you did."

"Only because you didn't have the balls to take our relationship to the next level." She said, slightly raising her voice. "You'll never find another like me. Tom doesn't compare."

Jake didn't have any words for how cold she was being. He began walking away again, when he was turned around quickly. He felt lips on his. Alyssa kissed him. It took him a second to come to his senses, due to how fast everything happened.

He pushed her off, and wiped his mouth. "What the fuck, Alyssa?" He yelled, causing a few of the workers to raise their heads. "I have a boyfriend! What part of that don't you understand?"

She opened her mouth to respond, but Jake didn't give her the chance. He stormed out of the café, tears flooding his eyes. He couldn't believe that just happened. What would Tom think when he found out? He got into the car, and hit the steering wheel, not knowing how to handle all of these emotions.

He gave himself a few minutes to calm down before driving away. He started the car and drove to his hotel. He knew what he needed to do. He needed to tell Tom before anyone else could, knowing that this interaction was probably all over social media right now.

When he got up to his hotel room he waisted no time dialing Tom's number. It rang, and rang, and rang. Tom didn't pick up. So he tried again. Still nothing. He knew Tom was declining his calls since it only rung twice and then went to voice mail.

He called for the seventh time in a row, losing hope at this point. His heart skipped a beat when he heard the line finally pick up. He raised it to his ear, getting ready to say something.

"Go ahead. Explain why you cheated on me for the second time." Tom said in a monotone voice. It sounded like he had been crying. "Why do I keep trusting you?"