Family Visit pt.2

The morning sun was slowly rising over the horizon as Jake gradually began waking up. He laid on his right side, Tom cuddled into his chest. He yawned, beginning to run his fingers through his boyfriends messy morning hair.

He raised his eyeline to Tom's walls, observing how he had them decorated. He didn't get to take in much of his room last night, since they went straight to bed after Tom's mum caught them in the act.

Two of his walls were coated in Spider-Man posters, and the other walls were plastered in picture frames. Most were family photos, others were of him and his friend Harrison. Lining the corners of his room were chests with action figures inside, and many pairs of shoes that didn't have a match. His t.v. was on, playing a Marvel movie, and his floor held lots of dirty clothes. His room basically looked like a frat house, minus the trash.

Jake yawned again, this time reaching over Tom's body to grab his phone. He took it off his dresser, accidentally whacking Tom in the head with it when he pulled his arm back in. He laughed quietly. "Sorry."

Tom rubbed the place he knocked, slowly waking himself up. "It's fine." He yawned. He moved his body, pressing up against Jake's figure more. "Did you sleep okay?"

"Yeah." He kissed his forehead. "Your rooms cute."

Tom smiled. "Thanks. My mum's more than likely pissed because I left it so messy though."

"Probably not the only thing she's pissed about." Jake chuckled.

He rolled his eyes. "Don't remind me." He was dreading having to talk to his mum this morning, she was bound to have a meltdown over their sexual actions.

"So how long are we staying today?"

"Don't know." Tom said. "But we're leaving as soon as possible, if one of my brothers say anything else to me I might beat the shit out of them."

Jake laughed. "You and your family scare me."

Tom chuckled. "Good." He gave him a sleepy kiss.

The morning drew to an end very quickly, prompting the duo to eventually get up out of bed. Jake began redressing himself as Tom went out to have the grim conversation with his mum. This was going to be beyond embarrassing to converse about.

He walked into the kitchen, the fresh smell of tea slapping him in the face. The sound of the kettle whistling was nostalgic. Before he moved out, his mum always made him and his brothers tea and breakfast before they left for school.

"Good morning honey." Nikki said, waltzing into the kitchen. She avoided making eye contact, meaning he was in deep shit.

He internally groaned. "Morning mum." He sat down at the kitchens island. "Did you and dad sleep well?"

She nodded. She turned the stove off, setting the kettle to the side to cool down. "So about last night," Tom tensed, "I know your grown love, but please don't do that stuff in my house." She laughed. "There are just some things a mother shouldn't see."

His face grew red. "Of course, sorry mum."

She hugged him. "Now how does Jake like his tea? Warm or cold?"

"Oh he doesn't drink tea." He chuckled. "He's a coffee person."

Nikki nodded. "Okay, I can make him some coffee with sugar?"

"Sugar and honey." He corrected.

She laughed again. "Alright then." She turned back around and smiled to herself. She found it beyond adorable how well they knew each other.

Paddy and Sam came into the kitchen, immediately opening the fridge and pantry doors looking for food.

"Nuh uh boys. Breakfast is almost ready. You can wait a few more minutes." Nikki said.