Quarantine

"As of today, March 13th, 2020, the state of California will be going into quarantine." The governor ordered. Jake and Tom were watching him on the tv screen. "If you absolutely have to go out, masks and social distancing are required. No large gatherings, and no touching other beings. We will get through this together." He ended.

"Do we have enough food to last us for the month?" Tom asked.

"Not anymore, you ate it all."

"Then we need to go to the store." He said, standing up off the bed. "I'll get my keys and-"

"No it's fine." Jake interrupted. "I'll go."

Tom turned his head to the side, wondering why he wanted to go alone. They always went to the store together, even when they weren't living with each other. "Okay." He kissed him on the cheek. "Be safe, I love you."

Jake just smiled, not saying it back. He gave him a kiss on his cheek, and was out the door.

"Don't forget your mask!" Tom yelled standing in the doorway.

Jake held up one of the masks he had in his car to show him that he hadn't forgotten one. He pulled out of the driveway, and made his way down Sunset Boulevard.

He didn't want Tom to come with him because he needed to be alone. He needed to get his head out of Alyssa's ass. He hated himself for letting her cause this much emotional damage.

Alyssa was one of the first people who didn't walk out on Jake— due to her clinginess issues. And that's ultimately the reason they broke up, she was too in love with him, and Jake couldn't bring himself to reciprocate that feeling.

Jake didn't want to break Tom's heart because he wasn't ready to be this close with someone. He loved Tom, with all of his entire being. He just has to figure out how to get over himself.

When he arrived to the grocery store, he covered his face with a black mask, and got out of the car. He walked inside, keeping his distance from other people, and went over the list of items he needed to buy in his head.

Tom, who was still at the apartment, figured he might as well call his family to see how they were doing. He called Harry first, knowing that he almost always has his phone on him.

"Hey!" He exclaimed when Harry picked up. "How is everyone? Is mum and dad okay? What about-"

"Hell Tom, calm down." Harry laughed. "Everyone's fine. We're all quarantining together, since it's easier."

Tom relaxed, glad that his family was doing well. "Nobody has covid, do they?"

"Nope!" Paddy yelled from the background.

"Go away Paddy, you're so annoying." Harry urged.

"Says the one who takes five hundred photos a day."

"Boys quit fighting!" Their mum yelled. Tom laughed at how chaotic his family was. He missed them like crazy, almost wishing he could be there with them.

"So are you and Jake quarantining together? Now that you've moved in with him?" Harry asked.

"Yeah."

"How's it going so far?"

"So far so good." Tom would've loved to say that it was going great, amazing even. But with how Jake's been acting lately, he couldn't bring himself to tell a lie. "Lots of sleeping mostly."