"What do you think, Sherlock?"

"Turn off your damn alarm. It's been ringing for the past five minutes," Kate yelled from her side of the room. I groaned into my pillow. "It's not my alarm, you dumb shit."

"Oh." The alarm stopped ringing. "Yeah. Oh."

"Well, rise and shine, sunshine. You're going to have to get up sooner or later." I hate how much of a morning person she is.

I flipped Kate off, without lifting my head. Approximately 10 minutes later, right as I was about to fall asleep again, I felt her presence beside my bed. "Wake up! It's like 9am. Don't you have class?"

"Not until later, hence the reason I hadn't set an alarm," I grumbled, as I glanced at her, not surprised to see that she was already dressed, before I grabbed my second pillow, and covered my head.

"Perfect. I have half an hour before I have to go learn about graphs and statistics, so we can go and get coffee!"

"I don't want coffee. I want to sleep," I groaned.

"I'll pay," she offered, in a sing song voice. I took the second pillow off my head, and glanced at her. "Promise?"

"Pinky promise."

"Give me 5 minutes," I muttered. "You're so predictable," Kate laughed, as she walked back to her side of the room.

I rolled my eyes, before grudgingly getting out of bed, and making my way to the bathroom. While I was in the middle of brushing my teeth, Kate called out to me.

"Hazel! Your phones going off!"

"Who is it?" I yelled back, through a mouth full of toothpaste.

"You don't have their number saved. It's a string of messages saying-" her voice trailed, as she, I assumed, was reading the texts.

"Why is Alex Carter texting you." She stormed into the bathroom, my phone in her hand.

"You're meant to knock," I grumbled incoherently, my toothbrush still in my mouth.

"Not when Alex Carter is texting you. Explain." She turned the phone to me, and I was surprised to see multiple texts from the same unknown number.

I took my phone from her, and read through the messages, which consisted of a bunch of 'heys' and 'hi's', an 'it's alex. alex carter' text, and a string of texts asking me if I was ignoring him, where he'd gone through the effort of sending me each word as a separate text, all within the span of a minute.

"Just ignore it. I'll text him back later," I brushed it off, as I turned to spit out my toothpaste, and wash my mouth.

"I'm not going to ignore it. Since when are you and Alex a thing?" Kate questioned, shaking her head in bewilderment.

"Alex Carter and I are not a thing, if that's what you want to call it. He's getting the two of us front row tickets to the football game this Friday," I smiled, as I watched Kate's expression transform from confusion to ecstasy.

"You're joking!" She squealed, her eyes growing wide. "No way. How did you manage that?" She bounced on the spot. I chuckled at her enthusiasm. "Oh, nothing much, really. I just made a deal with him." 

"What? What kind of deal? Like a 'friends with benefits' type of deal, or an 'oh, i'll help you study' type of deal, where you inevitably fall for each other? Why have I only just heard of this deal?"

"Neither." I glared at her. "And I only made it last night. He wanted to be let into the library after hours, so I said I'd let him in, if he promised to get me two front row tickets."