Peeks and practice

"Oh, come on," I groaned. "Nope. I refuse," Aaron shook his head. "But why? It's just one practice. I don't want to go there alone!" I grumbled.

"That's the key word. One practice. No way am I giving up my free time to watch football practice. If I had any interest in the sport, I'd be playing it."

"No, because you're playing hockey," I argued.

"No. I'm playing hockey because I have no interest in football," Aaron retaliated.

"God, I hate you."

"This is why you need to make more friends," Aaron smirked.

"I have plenty of friends. I'm just not close enough to any of them to force them to come alone with me to watch football. Besides, not everyone is as much of a social butterfly as you are." I stuck my tongue out. I know. Mature.

"Just go yourself. What's the worst that's going to happen?" Kate spoke up, from the sofa she was seated at.

"I'm going to get bored," I groaned, stretching the last word.

"Shame. Still not going with you," Aaron snorted. I glared at him, before turning to Kate.

"Kate, you get to see guys play football. Surely that's more important than any stupid exam," I told her.

"Oh yeah, definitely. I should just skip my exam to keep you company while you observe football practice," she replied, sarcasm dripping from each word.

"Fine. I'm going to remember this. And you," I held a finger against Aaron's chest. "Don't you dare ask me to watch another one of your games. Because I won't."

Aaron groaned, before finally relenting. "Fine, I'll come. But only because I feel bad for you. Because we both know you'll be seated in the front row at my game," he smirked.

So goddamn cocky.

"Hurry up! I need to get there before they start practicing!" I grumbled, as Aaron slowly, with an emphasis on slowly, shoved his books into his bag.

"Patience, woman. I can't have these textbooks folding," he retorted. I glared at his back, and waited impatiently for him to finish doing so.

"Okay, we can go," he turned around, grinning cheekily,

I rolled my eyes and led the way out of his dorm. He'd insisted on me picking him up from his room, and had then proceeded to pack a bag full of textbooks he was going to study from whilst we watched the game. Him and I both knew he wouldn't end up studying at all.

"So what exactly are you meant to achieve by watching them practice?" Aaron asked me, as we walked towards the field.

"I need to write a report on their team in general, so their practices should hopefully allow me to see how they act around one another, and then their games would show me how they act around other teams," I explained.

"Boring," Aaron changed, in a sing song tone.

I shoved him lightly, rolling my eyes. He was right. "Tell me about it. I barely understand the goddamn sport. I have no idea how I'm meant to write a report on it.

"Why don't you get one of the players to explain the sport to you. I know someone who'd be overjoyed to do so," Aaron wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Thanks, but I think I'll manage," I replied sarcastically. I had already bookmarked multiple youtube videos to watch later on, that were supposedly meant to explain the sport. I wasn't sure how good they were, but I figured I'd try to understand for myself first, before asking someone for help.