"Screw you both."

"Aaron!" I squealed, throwing my arms around him. "Good to know at least someone's missed me," he chuckled, hugging me back. Aaron had gone to visit his grandparents for 2 weeks, and was finally back.

"Are you kidding? You coming home today is all she's been talking," Kate rolled her eyes, endearingly, I hope. "Didn't you miss me?" Aaron pouted, letting go of me and turning to Kate. "Not one bit," Kate tilted her head, smiling coyly, before pulling him into a hug.

I grinned as I watched their exchange. Aaron, Kate and I had been a 'trio' right from our first year of high school, and surprisingly, we'd managed to maintain our friendship.

"I need to grab my bags from the luggage belt, and then you two can fill me up on everything I missed," Aaron grinned, and I didn't even have to look at Kate to guess what she was thinking.

"Boy, do I have things to tell you." Aaron raised an eyebrow questioningly, as he began walking towards the luggage belt. I glared at Kate, as we trailed behind him. "Anything that comes out of her mouth are her make belief fantasies, and nothing more," I muttered.

"Well then, they'd all be about me," Aaron turned around, smirking.

"Freak," Kate shook her, wrinkling her nose in disgust, while Aaron and I high-fived each other.

After about ten minutes, we were finally out of the airport, and sitting in my car, with Aaron seated on the passenger seat, and Kate at the back, much to her distress.

"So, what do you have to tell me?" Aaron turned to her, as I pulled out of the airport parking lot. "Guess who got herself a boyfriend- or well an almost boyfriend." I glanced in the rear view mirror to see Kate, grinning widely.

"Not you," Aaron snorted, earning himself a punch on the shoulder.

"Guess who she hooked up with at a party last week." I took my chance to change the topic.

"Who?" Aaron's ears perked up. He was always amused by the different guys Kate hooked up with. "Jason," I snorted, as Kate kicked the back of my chair.

"Wait. Jason Miller? As in the one she-" I cut him off. "Yeah. Guess who's finally ready to settle down," I said sarcastically. "I am not. It was a one time- two time, thing," Kate grumbled, slouching down in her chair.

Aaron and I exchanged knowing looks, which was probably Kate's last straw.

"Okay, well, what about Hazel here? She's off flirting with the college quarterback," Kate leaned ahead, placing her head between Aaron and me.

"Huh? By quarterback you mean Alex Carter?" Aaron stared at me in disbelief.

"Why do you believe everything she says," I rolled my eyes, as I focused on the road. "No, no. I'm intrigued. Kate, elaborate," Aaron demanded.

"Well, she was doing some assignment or whatever at the library, and guess who shows up at 11pm?" Kate began.

I groaned in defeat, and tuned out of their conversation. There was no stopping them.

"Hazel? Is my little girl growing up? She caught the attention of the campus's golden boy?" I tuned back in when Aaron questioned me.

"What is wrong with you. All he did was get us tickets to a football game. That's how far our interactions have gone."

"And he let her borrow his sisters shoes," Kate added.

"He what?" Aaron's eyes widened.

"Screw you both."

•••

I'm bored," Kate groaned, for like the third time in the past 7 minutes.

"Maybe if you paid attention to the movie, you wouldn't be bored," I rebutted, tossing a piece of popcorn at her face.

"But it's Friday, and we're sitting and watching freaking Aladdin," she drawled. "Hey, what's wrong with Aladdin?" I asked her, defensively. "Nothing! Except for the fact that we've watched this like thirty times. Let's go out!" She exclaimed, standing up excitedly.

I rolled my eyes, as I reached over for the remote to pause the movie.

"And where exactly would you like to go?" I asked Kate, turning to her. "I don't know. We can ask Aaron to find us a party or something."

"He landed like 4 hours ago. I doubt he'd want to go for a party," I pointed out.

"Are you kidding? This is Aaron we're talking about. When has he ever said no for a party."I sighed, knowing she was right.

"We just went to a party," I reminded her.

"Okay, and? You had fun, didn't you?" She raised an eyebrow, almost challenging me to disagree.

"Someone threw up on my shoes. What about that sounds like fun?" I asked her.

"Well, apart from that. My point is, you didn't have a shitty time, until the end. And this time, both Aaron and I will be there, so you wouldn't have to worry about being left to play beer pong with hot guys," Kate winked.

"You don't even need me to go with you. You and Aaron can go, and I'll sit here in my pajamas, with my popcorn, watching Aladdin," I grinned.

"I'm going to go ask Aaron where the party is happening, because there's no way there isn't a party on a Friday night, and you can use those couple of minutes to come to the decision that you're coming, whether you like it or not," Kate smiled, extra sweetly.

"I'm not coming," I called out, as she left the room. "I can't hear you," she replied, in a sing song tune.

•••

AARON!!!!