"XOXO, Gossip Girl!"

"Hazel! Can you get the door please?" Kate yelled from the living room. "You're literally right there," I yelled back from my room. "Yeah, but my head still hurts," she responded.

I huffed in frustration, but got up from bed where I was working on an assignment, and went to the door to open it. "Are you serious?" I glared at Aaron, who stood at the other side, grinning from ear to ear.

"Serious about what?" He tilted his head, before shoving past me.

"What stopped you from letting yourself in?" I asked him, as I closed the door, and followed him to the living room.

"Nothing. Just thought you guys wouldn't appreciate me barging in on y'all," he said as he flopped down beside Kate.

He reached out to grab a chip from the bowl she was eating from, and she whacked his hand. "Get your own."

He stuck her tongue out at her, and turned to the television, where Kate was watching Gossip Girl.

"Dude, you've seen this show like 5 times. At this point, even I have the lines memorised," he grumbled.

"Oh yeah? Say anything from it," Kate challenged, pausing the TV to turn to Aaron.

He glanced at me desperately for help, and I shrugged in response. "Oh! I know! You know you love me. XOXO, Gossip Girl," he exclaimed in a falsetto voice.

"Oh, come on. That's the intro," Kate grumbled.

"It's still a line," he responded, smirking in victory.

I shook my head at their banter, and turned to walk back into my room.

"Hey, Hazey, where're you going?" Aaron called out.

"My room?" I turned back and raised an eyebrow at him. "No, come sit down," he argued. "I have work."

"I don't care. Speaking of which, how did you manage to get me to my room last night? I remember you getting me into the car, but I'm blank after that."

"Firstly, what do you mean, speaking of which? There's zero correlation. And I didn't get you to your room. I was going to, but Alex offered, since his is supposedly right near yours," I shrugged.

Aaron raised an eyebrow at this.

"What?" I glared at him.

"Alex Carter, you say?"

"What about it?"

"His room's on the other side of campus from mine," Aaron snorted.

I drew my eyebrows together in confusion. "Well, then that's nice of him. You've got yourself a nice friend, huh?"

"I don't think he did it to be nice to me," Aaron snorted, causing Kate to chuckle.

"Aren't you guys sick of this? It's gotten so old," I groaned in frustration.

"No," they replied in unison.

"What was Alex doing there, anyway?" Kate asked me, her initial interest in the show completely replaced.

"He was the driver. I was drinking, since someone had said they could hold their alcohol better than I could, and would drive us back." I shot Aaron a pointed look as I said that.

"That's nice of him," Kate stated, while Aaron just stared back, sheepishly.

"Yeah. Now, if you two are done with your interrogation, I'm going back to my room." I saluted them and walked back inside, closing the door behind me

•••
short chapter and basically a filler chapter