Beers and Blushes

"Aaron!" I called out, waving my hands frantically to gain his attention. After about 10 seconds of me making a complete fool out of myself in front of anyone who was sober enough to care, Aaron finally glanced up, his questioning look disappearing when he saw it was me who was yelling for him.

He excused himself from the group he had been in the middle of a conversation with, and I watched impatiently as he made his way towards me.

"How may I help you?" He asked, putting on a fake British accent. Only drunk Aaron puts on a fake British accent.

"How much have you had to drink?" I glared at him. He had the decency to look sheepish, but shrugged a moment later. "Dunno. Maybe like 3 drinks?" Liar.

I didn't bother to comment on his obvious lie, and instead moved onto why I had called him over in the first place.

"I can't find Kate," I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest. "Is that what you called me here for?"

I nodded.

"Look, Kates a big girl. She doesn't need you to babysit her. Loosen up- have some fun. Here." I watched disdainfully as he took a sip from his red solo cup, before handing it to me. "No thanks," I shook my head.

"You're no fun, Woods," Aaron pouted. "And you're drunk. Since you're obviously going to be of no help, you can, I don't know, go back to doing whatever you were doing," I waved my hand in the direction of the group Aaron had been hanging out with.

"You'll be okay alone?" I smiled, despite myself. "Yes. Go have fun." He did some sort of salute, before sauntering off to join his friends.

"Boo!"

"You aren't scaring anyone in that excuse of a costume," I muttered, rolling my eyes as I turned around to face Alex.

"Hey, don't insult Shaggy," he frowned. "I'm so sorry. I hope Shaggy didn't take it to heart. What are you doing here?" I asked, raising my voice so I would be heard over the music.

"I'm going to pretend you weren't being overly sarcastic over there, and move on. As for what I'm doing here, I can't find any of my friends, so I'm settling for you," he smirked.

"Why did you say it like that?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Say what like what?" He snorted. I rolled my eyes, and didn't bother responding, as I glanced around the room, in hopes of spotting Kate.

"Who are you looking for?" I glanced to my right, from the corner of my eye, and watched as Alex bent down till he reached my eye level, and attempted to look in the direction I had been staring at.

"Simon Thompson? Seriously?" He asked, sounding aghast. I shook my head in confusion, and shot him a questioning glance. "Why are you staring at him?"

"I wasn't staring at anyone. I'm looking for Kate, who, by the way, you remind me a lot of her- It's scary," I scowled.

"She's your best friend, so I'm going to take that to be a positive thing. How exactly do I remind you of her?" Alex questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"None of your business. Do you see here? Y'know, since you're tall and everything."

"I see what you see. What do you want with her anyway?"

"To go home."

"I can take you home," he shrugged, looking at me expectantly, as he waited for my response.

"I don't need her to take me home. I need to take her home," I explained, sighing.

"For all you know, she's already gone to someone else's home, if you're picking up what I'm putting down," Alex wiggled his eyebrows.