Notifications and negotiations

"There's a halloween party." I glanced up from my laptop at Kate, who was sprawled on my bed, her phone in her hands.

"Is it Ethan's?" I asked her.

"Yeah, how do you know?"

"Alex asked me if I wanted to go. I forgot to tell you," I waved it off casually.

"WHAT?" She yelled, sitting up in a rush.

"What.." I trailed, confused at her outburst.

"He asked you? As in, like to be his date?" She stared at me, her eyes wide.

"Huh. No? He just invited me. And he said you could come too," I told her.

"Oh. He's a wimp, then," she concluded. "What are you going on about?" I furrowed my brows in her direction.

"He probably wanted to ask you as a date, and then your conversation went in two possible ways. One- he chickened out, and thought you'd say no, so he told you to invite me as well, or two, you said something stupid, which made him rethink his decision, and he told you to invite me as an after though. Which one is it?"

"Three. He was inviting the two of us to his friends party," I replied, flatly.

"You're so boring," Kate grumbled, laying back down on my bed. "Or I'm just practical. Anyways, I'm not going, but if you want to go, Aaron's going to be there, so you could tag along with him," I informed her.

"If I'm going, you're going. It's halloween. Don't you dare tell me you have to work," Kate glared at me.

"Well, I do. Besides, parties are really just not my thing. I don't enjoy them," I shrugged.

"Didn't seem that way from the way you supposedly carried beer pong at the last party we went to."

"Well, yeah, but how long can one play beer pong for," I argued.

"Hazel! Stop looking for problems. Have fun for once. We're going. Text Alex right now, and ask him for the details, or I'll do it myself."

I glanced at Kate, and from her expression, I knew she wasn't changing her mind. I sighed, and unlocked my phone, before shooting Alex a text.

"Hey. Kate is practically forcing me to go for Ethan's party, so could you text me the details please?" I read out my text to Kate, as I typed it.

"You make me sound like a devil," she whined. "Maybe because you are one," I smiled, putting my phone back down next to me.

"Wow. Love you too," she said, sarcastically, which got a chuckle out of me.

I began typing on my laptop, and not even a minute later, my phone pinged.

"Is that Alex?" Kate stated at me, an eyebrow raised. I glanced at the notification and nodded.

"Whipped."

"Or he was on his phone."

"Whipped," Kate repeated, grinning widely.

I rolled my eyes, and instead read his text. "Okay, he's sent me a location pin, and he's said it's starting at 8:30, and we have to wear costumes. Yeah, I'm out."

"You can'y back out once you confirm you're in? What's wrong with wearing costumers?" Kate exclaimed.

"Firstly, neither of us have costumers. Secondly, it's so much work," I complained.

"Firstly, we can go buy costumes. Secondly, I don't care. Go get ready. We're going shopping."

I glared at Kate, but I knew arguing was pointless, so instead I shut down my laptop, and went to change.

•••
short update sorry for the long wait 😁😁