Corrections and Changes

"Hi! Bye!" I exclaimed, grabbing my bag from where I had left it, and rushing towards the door.

Kate, who had just entered the room, stared at me with a questioning look on her face. "What?"

"Football practice. It starts at 5 and I'm already late. I wanted to be there 10 minutes ago," I rushed, waving goodbye, and closing the door without giving her a chance to respond.

I glanced at my watch, as I rushed towards the football field. 5:09.

I made it to the field in record time, 3 minutes to be precise, and arrived to see the players huddle up in front of their coach.

I took my seat on the bleachers, grateful for the lack of acknowledgment I received from them, who either didn't see me, or were aware of my assignment, and simply didn't care.

I was too far from the field to actually hear what was being said, but I figured that wasn't important- at least not yet. Instead, I got out my notebook, where I had jotted down everything Alex told me about the game, and read through them to refresh my memory.

I still wasn't a hundred percent sure as to what was going on, but at least I understood the basics. For the next half hour, I observed the game, taking small notes about the little bits I understood, but taking pictures for the most part.

I was halfway through refining my notes, so they made a little more sense in case I needed to go back to them at the time of writing my actual paper, when a shrill whistle caused me to almost stop my laptop that I had carefully balanced on my knees.

I glanced up to see the guys walking off the field, and walking directly towards me- or well, towards the bleachers.

I diverted my eyes to my laptop, hoping they wouldn't pay any attention to me, but the universe seems to be against me, because not even a moment later, I hear my name being called out, by someone who made no attempt to be discreet.

I glanced up in the direction of the voice, and found myself staring at Ethan. "Ethan! Hey," I grinned, grateful that it wasn't anyone I wasn't acquainted with.

"Why do you never sound thay happy to see me?" I turned around, to see Alex standing over my head. "Oh, you," I mumbled, half joking because of his comment.

"Wow, thanks a lot," He shot me a flat look, while Ethan gave him a victorious look."It's cause I'm Hazel's favourite," the latter concluded. I nodded vigorously, as Alex skipped a stair, and plopped down next to me.

"We both know that isn't true," he rolled his eyes mockingly, as he grabbed my laptop from my lap. "Hey!" I exclaimed, in indignation, attempting to retrieve it. He turned away from me, my laptop still in his grasp, and I watched as his eyes scanned through my notes.

"You get much written down?" Ethan went on to make conversation once I had relented, and allowed Alex access to my laptop.

"Eh, a fair amount. I don't think I completely got the grasp of the game though," I admit. "I can tell," Alex snorted from beside me. I shot him a glare, before shooting Ethan a look of despair, that he returned with a shrug and sympathetic glance.

"You sticking around till the end?" I nodded, as I noticed the rest of the players make their way back to the field.

"Alright, I'll catch you then. Duty calls," Ethan sighed dramatically, tipping his imaginary hat, before jogging off to the field, leaving me watching him.

"You could be more discreet about your staring," Alex commented from beside me, causing me to divert my attention to him. "I wasn't staring," I defended, feeling heat rise up my neck. "Of course you weren't," the brunette smirked.