"You have a foot kink or something?"

"I hate parties," I grumbled, as Kate sat in front of my mirror, curling her hair. "But you love me. And love exceeds all," she said, poetically. "Sure, Shakespeare. But I'm telling you from now, if you decide to go off with some random football player, I'm going to leave."

"I would never do such a thing," Kate gasped mockingly. I snorted. It was rare for Kate to not make out with at least one guy at a party. I had sworn off guys completely, whereas Kate decided to swear off relationships. Instead, hook ups were more her style.

"If you decide to go off with a football player, don't worry about me leaving, since I'm actually a good friend, who wouldn't even consider abandoning her best friend," Kate continued.

"You and I both know that isn't going to happen, so let it go," I groaned.

"Oh come on! The hottest guy on campus is interested in you! There's no way I'm letting it go," Kate rebutted. "He isn't interested in me. Where do you get these ideas from."

"Maybe he's not interested in a relationship kinda way, but he's interested enough to invite you to a party. That's a huge deal. It's like, the most action you've gotten in like a year, and what kind of best friend would I be if that didn't excite me, especially when it's from the Alex Carter?"

"You're so dramatic. Can you just hurry up. The faster we get in, the faster we get out."

"So impatient, jeez. I'm done. Now we just need to get you ready, and we can go!" She exclaimed, as she turned off the curling iron, and placed it onto the table.

"I am ready.." I trailed, glaring at Kate in the mirror.

"Oh, your outfits fine. I just thought maybe you could, I don't know, curl your hair or apply some makeup- not that you need it, but it would be fun."

"You thought wrong."

"Hazel," She groaned, stretching the 'l'.

I glared at her, before walking over to the vanity, and applying lip gloss on my lips. "Done. Can we go?"

"Wow, I didn't know you were that eage- Okay, sorry. Let's go." I grinned in satisfaction, as we made our way out of our dorm towards my car.

"So where's the party?" I asked Kate, as I started my car. "Rosewood Street. It's supposedly the third house there, but I'm sure we'd be able to tell by the noise." I nodded, as I began driving.

"This is it, right?" I asked about 15 minutes later, as I slowed down opposite a house that had music blaring from it.

"No, Hazel. The house that has music blaring, lights flashing, and teenagers in it is not the party house. You've got us to the wrong place."

"No need to be snarky," I muttered, as I parked the car in an empty spot I found a little further ahead.

"No need to be stupid," she flatly retorted, as we got out of my car simultaneously. I shoved her as we made our way towards the door.

"Do we knock or just walk in?" I stared at Kate, unsure of what the correct party etiquette would be.

"What do you think, Hazel?" She tilted her head, evidently enjoying my knowledge of parties, or lack thereof. "I don't know," I scowled. I raised my hand to the door to knock, before pulling away. "No ones going to hear the knock though," I pointed out. "And she has a brain!" Kate exclaimed, sarcastically.

Before I could reply, the door opened. "Why are you guys knockin- Hazel! And Kate! I didn't expect to see you guys here."

"You invited us," I raised an eyebrow at Alex, who stood in front of us. "Well, yeah, but I didn't think you'd actually show up. I don't really see you at parties."