Costumes and chats

HI! its been a while.. im so sorry i literally haven't even been busy i just had no motivation to write or anything but i think im back! u may want to re read the last couple of chapters as a reminder of what going on, but it isn really necessary. 

anyways, enjoy :)

"I want to go home.""We haven't even gone inside yet," Kate shot me an incredulous look. "How about you two go ahead, and I'll wait in the car!" I suggested. 

"Get out," Aaron said, as he opened his own door, before getting out and opening mine. "Chivalry isn't dead," Kate commented, before getting out of the passenger seat.

I sighed, as I followed suit, locking the car behind me. "The angel, the devil, and Aaron," Kate grinned, as we walked towards the house that had music blaring.

"I'm the joker," Aaron corrected her. 

"Precisely." I let out a laugh at that, earning myself a shove from Aaron. 

"I can't believe we're at another party. This is like the third one this month," I grumbled, as Kate opened the door, resulting in us immediately being greeted by the smell of alcohol, sweaty teenagers, and loud music.

"That's the point of college," Kate yelled over the music. I looked at Aaron for support, but he simply shrugged, before leaning down, so I would be able to hear him. "She's got a point."

I sighed, before taking in the scene before me. Everyone- or at least most people- were in a costume of some sorts, and I could barely recognise half of them.

"Who're you looking for?" Kate asked me, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. "Can't a girl look around in peace?" Before she could answer, Aaron spoke. "I'm going to get myself a drink- you guys want anything?" "I'm driving, idiot," I reminded him. "Do you want to drink? I don't mind staying sober and driving us back," he offered. I shook my head, shooting him a smile. "I'm alright. You two have fun."

"Get me a beer please. And Hazel, if I knew how to drive, I'd have offered to do the same," Kate added. "I'm sure you would've," I laughed. 

"Be right back," Aaron told us, pointing in the vague direction of what I'm presuming would be the bar. I shot him a thumbs up, before glancing at Kate, whose focus seemed to be on the dance floor.

"Who are you staring at?" I asked her. She immediately diverted her gaze to me. "What? No one. Let's dance." I let her drag me to the dance floor, and kept her company until Aaron came over with their drinks. 

"I'm going to go get myself a bottle of water or, I don't know, something non alcoholic," I told them, hoping they were able to hear me. When I received questioning glances from both of them, I shook my head, settled on mouthing a 'brb', and then turned, and headed in search of the kitchen.

It didn't take too long to find, and I was thankful for the peace after the blaring music. There were a few other people chatting in the kitchen, but thankfully none of them paid much notice to me. I walked over to the refrigerator, hoping to find a bottle of chilled water.

"The alcohol's over there." I jumped at the sound of someone coming up behind me, and turned around. "Oh, you. Hey."

"It's probably just in my head, but you sound mildly disappointed," Alex laughed. "It's not just in your head," I replied, shooting him a small grin to clarify that I was joking, before turning back to the fridge "I'm not looking for alcohol. I'm looking for this," I told him, as I retrieved a bottle of water, and turned around to show him.

"Water? Are you serious?" He raised his brows. "I'm on driving duty," I informed him. "And I don't want a repeat of last time," I added, sheepishly.

"I wouldn't mind driving you, but fair enough. Cool costume, by the way. You look great," He complimented. I felt my face heat up, and was grateful for the dim lightening. "Uh, thanks. What are you?" I frowned, as I glanced at his outfit- a simple green t-shirt, and brown pants. "Shaggy!" He exclaimed, looking pleased with himself. I shot him. black look. "You don't know who Shaggy is?" He asked me, wide mouthed. 

"Uh, I don't think so?" "You've never watched Scooby Doo?" Alex looked offended at this point. "Ooh, you're that guy. I never watched it, but I've seen bits and pieces. You just had to choose the most boring outfit from the show, huh?"

"I've received my fair share of compliments."  He shot me a toothy grin in return. "You and I both know your costume isn't the reason for that." "Oh really. Then what might be the reason?" He asked, smirking. 

"Your vast knowledge about the Holocaust." "Very funny," he said sarcastically.

"So, how are you finding the party?" Alex asked, after a beat of silence. "Oh, we barely just got here, like, I don't know, 15 minutes ago?"

"Where's Kate then?" He asked. "Did you just automatically assume I came with her?" I gasped mockingly. "I have other friends."

"Did you, or did you not, come with Kate then?" He snickered. "Well, yes, but- yeah. Her and Aaron," I sighed. "You really were serious when you said you talk to only two people," Alex laughed.

"I'm talking to you right now, aren't I?" I pointed out. "Okay, three people," he snorted. 

"Shut up. Are you still going to show me another one of your drawing?" I asked eagerly. "Oh, you remember that. I'll think about it," he muttered. I didn't want to push him, and I figured that was better than a no, so I was satisfied. "Awesome! Well, it was great catching up, but I should probably go find my frien-"

"What is taking you so long?" I looked to the side, to see Aaron entering the kitchen, with what I presumed was an empty red solo cup, in his hand. "Oh. Wow. Hey Alex," Aaron grinned, shooting me a knowing look. "Hey dude. Cool face," Alex said.

"Aww, thanks man. I did it myself." I gasped in indignation at the clear lie. "He's lying. I did the right, and Kate did the left."

"The left looks better," Alex grinned, as he high-fived Aaron's hand, that the latter had outstretched.

"Both of you suck. Where's Kate?" I directed my question to Aaron, who shrugged. "I don't know. I left her for two minutes, to talk to one of the dudes on the team, and when I went back, she was gone." He imitated a poof sound. I groaned, as I pulled out my phone, and shot her a couple of texts, asking her about her whereabouts. Knowing her, I wouldn't get a response for another half an hour.

"So.. what were you two doing?" Aaron asked, grinning widely. 

"Talking."

"Making out."

I glared at Alex, before elbowing him on his side.  "I was about to come and look for you guys," I grumbled, despite the fact that Aaron was too preoccupied in laughing, meaning he probably didn't hear me. 

"You've got to stop doing that with your damn elbows," Alex muttered, wincing in pain. "You're a football player. Toughen up," I retorted.

"And I'm out," Aaron mumbled, turning on his heels and leaving.

AND I UPDATED 

this isn't proof read.. ill proof read it later, but im SOO sorry this took me so long to get out.. im going to try and update more frequently from now on :)

also, i went back and edited a few chapters, and im going to finish editing them soon (hopefully by tomorrow), so im sorry if u guys got notifications for that- im almost done i promise

anyways, tysm for reading, and for 10k views that's insaneee love u all