Chapter 9

~Next Day~
It was early in the morning as Hibari was roaming around the city with Hibird on his shoulder. Last night he had his fight with Archer and met a strange man afterwards. Knowing this, he took extra measures and started patrolling early in the mornings and late at night.

As he walked around, he felt as if he was being watched closely but he couldn't see the one responsible. However, that was the least of his problems. While he was walking around, Hibari saw a single figure standing alone at the park near the intersection road.

"So you're here once more."

"Mhm. Nice to meet you again, Hibari-san."

As Illya stood before Hibari, she quickly walked towards a bench and sat down

As Illya stood before Hibari, she quickly walked towards a bench and sat down. When her eyes gazed upon Hibari, once more, she was thinking to herself. She found the boy to be interesting upon their first meeting. However, before she could say anything, Hibari was the first to speak up.

"Are you apart of this war happening on my territory?"

One question. That one question told Illya a lot about what type of person Hibari was. A mage wouldn't even think of asking that question to anyone, since normal people aren't supposed to be aware of this. However, Hibari asked a question that basically told her that he was involved in the Holy Grail War.

Did he slip up? Was he just a novice mage? Those questions filled Illya's head. However, as she looked at him, she could tell one thing for sure. This guy isn't dumb. In all honesty, she's probably the most suspicious person in his eyes.

"Would you even believe me if I denied?"

"A war just happens to occur in my territory and you, someone new here, just so happens to arrive when said war is going on. Not to mention, i've been running into carnivores left and right after recently finding out my part in this."

"Geez. You sure are quick on the uptake. Yes I am part of this war, but if you're wondering if i'm causing trouble in the city and near your school then you can scratch me off your suspect list. I allow Berserker to rampage only outside of the city."

Hibari merely looked at Illya. Meanwhile, the girl in question was feeling a bit uncomfortable in his gaze. It was a gaze that made her feel like Hibari was looking deep into her soul. While this happened, Hibari merely turned around as he began to walk off.

"Where are you going?"

"You don't cause trouble in my territory despite having the means to do so. Not to mention, that you made sure to keep it that way. I guess I can consider you a guest under my protection. However, should you cause any trouble in my territory, i'll bite you to death."

Having said that, Hibari began to walk Homurahara Academy. As this happened, he still felt as if he was being watched, yet he didn't feel bothered by it. Meanwhile, Illya stared at Hibari's back as he walked away. For some reason, she wanted to reach out to him. She didn't want him to leave. Once more, she couldn't help but make a comparison between Hibari and him.