17. Hotpot & Heart Aches

{ "I wish it didn't come to this" }

"okay so what are you thinking?" minghao started. [JUNHUI] laughed. the younger looked confused, "what's funny?" "straight to work? no fun stories or topics before we get into that?" minghao caught himself, "oh, i'm sorry." he laughed, shaking his head.

they were having lunch together and decided to share a two-person hotpot. junhui couldn't wait to eat. but he wanted to talk more to minghao. just to figure out what this feeling was in him.

it was like silence never stopped by their table. they always could talk about so many things, somehow finding ways to intertwine with each other. he noticed when minghao was excited or invested in a particular topic, his tones would fluctuate a lot more and he'd talk a little bit faster. he also seemed to adjust his hair a lot but junhui didn't mind since his bangs made a cute heart at one point.

he loved spending time with minghao and would find any chance to. thank god for the new project the two started on. now, he'd get to work with minghao and really understand the man behind those strong and delicate moves. junhui was excited to understand minghao in a deeper level, through his art.

because- well, it might be too early to admit it but- junhui was... kind of falling for minghao.

a part of their lunch deal was to talk about ideas they want to incorporate into their dance routine together. "i think exploring sense of self would be cool." minghao said, digging in for leftover soup. junhui raised an eyebrow, "thought it would be something romantic~" he exaggerated his actions on 'romantic' to make minghao cringe.

"love and all is cool in a song but in a dance, i think it's much better to explore deeper emotion and thoughts." he reasoned. god, what a sexy brain he had. junhui inwardly laughed at his own thoughts. "mm, good point." they continued exchanging ideas as their soup drained and filled their souls.

"we should think more about it and maybe present this to jihoon-hyung," minghao said, wiping his mouth with the wipes provided at the table. their meal was done and both of them were full. "he'll create a fucking great song that we can get even more ideas from for choreo." junhui nodded, swallowing the last bit of meat and vegetables he had been chomping on, "so... struggles with the sense of oneself?"

[MINGYU] watched wonwoo type on his phone. the gap between them on the sofa had been closing slowly since soonyoung pushed wonwoo into him during that group hug.

that wonwoo initiated.

mingyu never expected it. at all. that gave him hope for a possible future...? maybe. his relationship with wonwoo was so strained, he didn't even know how he could survive just sitting here next to him. finally, he decided to see what wonwoo was typing to create the storm in his pocket.

17!
13 members

wonu
hey guys so
i
i talked to mingyu
and we feel like we need to tell you guys somethings

jeonghan hyung 😳😠
oh hey wonu
yeah sure

wonu
okay so
uh mingyu?

You
oh
i'm here

wonu
yeah okay
look i'm sorry if this is all too early
i mean, it's the afternoon, right?
haha,,,

You
hyung do you want me to do it?

wonu
yes pls
for now

jeonghan hyung 😳😠
take your time, guys

joshua hyung 🥳
oh hey i just came in
wonwoo & mingyu, you guys take as long as you need
i get that expressing deep emotions is hard :')
you have each other okay?
don't be afraid to rely on each other

You
yeah :')

[ mingyu saw wonwoo looking at him after he read those messages from joshua. wonwoo gave him a small smile and returned to his screen. mingyu looked at the floor, trying to tone down the smile threatening to spread. you have each other. mingyu returned to his own screen. ]

wonu
okay so

disaster man kwon
wait
wait is this abt me
oh shit TT

You
let him finish, hyung TT

disaster man kwon
ah,, yeah ;-;

wonu
i just
thought that
yknow
i should tell you guys that mingyu and i...
look i know you guys seemed to be really excited that mingyu & i were uh
that we

You
that we liked each other?

wonu
yeah..

business man seokmin
eh?? why is it in past tense?
:(

You
ah
it just is

business man seokmin
okay..

wonu
yeah so
after that whole incident w soonyoung

disaster man kwon
ah shit here it comes

wonu
uhm
mingyu pls do it

You
right yeah ofc
recently wonu-hyung and i have been rly distant w each other
and
i mean i don't like it idk abt hyung

wonu
no
i didn't like it either..

You
and even though we did like each other
and we were so close to it
that whole incident
(not trying to blame you soonyoung-hyung)
sort of
pushed us apart
so
for now
?

wonu
yeah lets just say that

You
okay..
for now
we just
we don't feel like we can ever end up tgt

a/n!
(in comments)