29. Ending on High Notes

{ "Hyung-line ends 5th October 1995 because I said so

{ "Hyung-line ends 5th October 1995 because I said so." }

(hellur impt a/n if ur reading this before the next chap)

17!
13 members

You
jihoon hyung!
shua and i are coming!
we're bringing cookies 😋

jihoon-hyung 😊
okay

soonyoung-hyung 🐯☺️
COOKIES !!!

jihoon-hyung 😊
btw seungkwan and jeonghan hyung are also in already

myungho (97z 😎🤘🏻)
huihui and i are downstairs too
don't forget about us 🥺

jihoon-hyung 😊
ofc
might need jun later

myungho (97z 😎🤘🏻)
i'll sacrifice him

jun-hyung(?)
HEY

joshua peeked over at [SEOKMIN]'s phone as they exited Hug. "you have to ask him about the hyung thing." joshua said, a hint of laughter in his undertone. "i can't, it's too awkward!" seokmin whined back. joshua laughed.

once they reached the studio, they waved at minghao, who looked through the clear glass at just the right time. then they took the stairs up and were welcomed by neon lights. "is it not, like, 10 in the morning...?" seokmin joked. joshua chuckled and opened the door, the two immediately greeting everyone already inside.

"i've segregated your guys' possible parts, could you try them out for me? it's highlighted in yellow for shua-hyung and green for seokmin."

"i think the neon is throwing me off-" seokmin said, the room breaking out into laughter. a better set of lighting came on and replaced the purple-pink hues.

"seokmin, this might be a reach but since both of you guys praised each other so much, i want you to try this line." jihoon played the first line of the chorus.

what do i do, without you?
(어쩌겠어 / 난 너가 없으면)

the room echoed "woah"s and "ah"s at the pitch. of course, the guide version was sung by no one other than lee jihoon himself. "how are you hitting that...?" seokmin asked in awe.

jihoon went through a few points he noticed while singing that line and seokmin tried it. slowly.

"the first part is easy..." seokmin mumbled, prepping his vocals for the next line. he kept repeating the last word to get that tilt just right.

he gave it a go, and jihoon was pleased, "nice. i think you can go stronger. try this?"

Things might seem hard
(어찌 보면 / 조금 어렵겠지만)