32. MY I

note: i'm skipping the flourishes at the beginning for the next few updates. they will come, but later. a/n at the end <3

17!
13 members

prod-nim
seo myungho moon junhui get in here
@You @huihui🥰❣️

You
hyung you can just get us from downstairs 😭
but we're coming 😥

prod-nim
very cute that you think this highly of yourselves ☺️
i'm not moving for you
this chair is comfortable

You
:(
<3 ?

prod-nim
no
open the door, i see you outside

"damn," [MINGHAO] joked, coming into the room with junhui trailing behind him (as always). "thought i found the blind spot, finally." jihoon snorted, "there is none. i see all." junhui hummed, joining in, "of course! your cctv is right here." he pointed at soonyoung, who looked at him with wide and innocent eyes, "eh?" his confusion brought the other three to laughter. minghao noticed jihoon turn the slightest shade redder as he fondly reached out to fluff up soonyoung's hair. minghao's heart felt warm at the scene.

after settling down and making small talk, jihoon finally presented his finished work. "i've got a guide for the first verse and we could work on the rest if you'd like," he offered. minghao and junhui nodded, "let's hear the verse!" junhui said excitedly.

as expected, 16-counts of instrumental and a slight lead-in signalled jihoon's voice to come through.

안개 속 흐릿하지만
그 속에 누군가 있어
It's unclear in the fog
But there's someone inside

"ooh," minghao softly said. it already sounded perfect.

날 느끼듯 익숙하지만
달라 달라 달라
It's familiar as if they feel me but
It's different, different, different

minghao heard junhui murmur, "wah..." sparing him a glance, minghao saw junhui leaning forward with his fingers resting on his lips. he was obviously enjoying this a lot. suddenly, he leaned toward minghao without taking his eyes off the rainbow layers, "haohao," he began whispering in mandarin, "do you this he'll get mad if i ask him to replay it?" minghao looked at jihoon, who was also immersed in the song. "what for?"

"i wasn't paying attention, there are pretty colours on the screen, hao..." junhui softly whined. minghao sighed, "you gotta start ignoring the colour, or i'm gonna tell him to do it in grayscale." he rolled his eyes and told jihoon to replay it. the remains of a smile stayed as he playfully hit junhui, "now pay attention."

한걸음 가까이 가면
When I take one step closer

"oh shit~" came soonyoung's sudden comment from the floor. he seemed to have taken a liking to being down there, which minghao thought was extremely strange of him. but it wasn't like it was soonyoung's strangest (and honestly worrying) trait.

꽃길에 가시가 피어
The flower path grows thorns

"ohh!~" junhui reacted loudly.

그때 넌 날 구하려 손 내밀어
Then you reach out to save me

a loud "hey!" resounded through the speakers and the rest of the lyrics dissolved into instrumental. "oh, hyung... this is perfect." minghao sighed, giving a thumbs up. he sank into the sofa, "amazing." junhui nodded, "i agree. it's already everything we wanted a more. you're a legend." minghao watched jihoon crumble under praise and saw soonyoung catch on too. he knew what was coming.