16. When Demons Collide

"Akira...wake up."

Sasuke's voice echoed in my head before I actually became conscious, sitting up and touching the back of my head in pain.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded standing up wobbily, "Yeah...I just hit my head pretty hard there. Where did that blast even come from?" I wondered outloud. I saw Sakura sit up and noticed that Naruto and Kotaro were no where to be seen. I couldn't even sense Kotaro in my head, which meant he must be pretty far from where we were.

Sasuke quickly drew his weapon as the bushes rustled.

"Hey you guys, that was some crazy wind huh?" Naruto laughed as he stepped out of the bushes, rubbing his head.

"What's the password Naruto?" Sasuke demanded suspicously.

"Oh right," Naruto smiled and then repeated the entire password word for word.

Sasuke and I briefly glanced at each other before I drew my sword and he threw his kunai at Naruto, who dodged it swiftly.

"What are you guys doing? He remembered the password word for word!" Sakura asked in disbelief.

"Think about it Sakura. Do you honestly think that the real Naruto would remember the entire password perfectly?"

"Oh...right," Sakura said feeling stupid.

This forest was just full of imposters today, but I wasn't going to be taken hostage again! The Naruto in front of us grinned snakishly before the transformation jutsu was released to reveal a grass ninja, "Well aren't we the clever one? Tell me, why did you insist on a password if you knew he was not going to remember it?" she said in her skin crawling voice.

"The password wasn't meant for Naruto, but for anyone who happened to be eavesdropping. It was a trap and you walked right into it," Sasuke said smirking triumphantly.

The grass ninja just chuckled calmly. There was something very off about her, my instincts were screaming at me to get the hell out of there. Maybe this was the evil I felt coming? She slowly pulled out her earth scroll from her pouch and Sakura gasped realizing that that was the other scroll we needed.

"I bet you would just love to get your hands on my earth scroll," she teased as we watched her slowly bring the scroll to her mouth.

Suddenly things started to get really weird, really fast as she opened her mouth wide and her two foot tongue slipped out wrapping itself around the scroll. We stared in horror as she jammed the entire scroll down her throat and swallowed it like it was nothing.

"When this is over," she said licking her lips, "One of us will have both scrolls...and the other will be dead." she hissed as she pulled down the skin under her eye exposing her entire snake-like eyeball.

My grip tightened around my sword, "Sasuke what should we do? We can take her. There only seems to be one of her and three of us." Silence.

"Sasuke?" I glanced back and I saw both Sakura and Sasuke on their knees trembling, their eyes wide with fear. Sakura was even crying as she stared straight ahead at the grass ninja. I went over to them shaking their shoulders for them to get up, but they were paralyzed in fear. Was this some sort of genjutsu?

I turned back angrily, "What did you do to them?" I screamed.

She just smiled sadistically, "They've just seen the way they are going to be killed in the next few moments," her smile faded, "It's odd that you, however, are not in their same state."

Did she just threaten my teammates? I growled, "You're insane if you even think I'm going to let you touch them!"

I charged at her, my sharingan eyes locked on my target. I only used my sharingan in the gravest of times, and with my teammates fully incapacitated, I would say this was as good of a time as any.