2. The Truth

My head was still swirling angrily at what Sasuke had said. I wasn't weak... I just needed a little help unlocking my true potential. You can only train by yourself for so long, and then eventually you stop seeing any improvements. I sighed walking into my living room throwing myself on my couch burying my face in the cushions.

I heard the patting of paws on the old wooden floorboards, and when I felt the furry snout sniff at my hair, I knew who had finally come home. I giggled, turning my face on the couch to stare directly into two crystal-blue wolf eyes.

"Hey Kotaro, where've you been?" I whispered, smiling as I ran my hand through his soft, thick, white fur.

This was the same little wolf from my dream, only, he wasn't a wolf pup anymore. He definitely had grown, from his large paws, to his large teeth. On his hind legs, he was probably even as tall as me. There were times where he would be gone for weeks, so when he was actually around, I loved his company out in this lonely forest.

He whimpered softly, as if he knew something was bothering me.

"I'm okay, just frustrated. I was assigned my team today, and I was paired with Sasuke. He basically told me I was weak...Can you believe that?" I asked angrily, sitting up. "I just wish I could show him how powerful I could be. Maybe he would actually see us as equals then."

His blue eyes sparkled as he sat silent, listening patiently with his white ears perked up. I laughed, "Wow, I need to get out more. Here I am, talking to a wolf. As if you actually knew what I was saying. Anyways," I grunted standing up, "I'm going to cook a little something and get ready for tomorrow."

A few hours passed as I finally finished cooking, but just as I was about to dig in, I heard the sound of wood being scraped. I peeked my head around the corner, staring down the hallway that lead to the rooms. "Kotaro?" I called out, but got no response. Of course, that happens when wolves can't speak.

I walked in the direction of where I thought I heard the sounds coming from, and stopped right at my brother's door. "Impossible, I keep this door locked at all times, so nothing would be able to get in or out," but sure enough I heard the sound once again. I took a deep breathe, unlocking and opening the door, to see...nothing.

Huh? I walked in, seeing everything was in it's place. "Maybe I'm just hearing things," I said scratching my head as I checked the locked window. Well, this house was old anyways, so it makes all kinds of noises. I turned back around to leave the room when I saw the shadow of someone standing just behind the open door.

I gasped, clumsily taking out a kunai knife, "I-I see you! You better not try anything stupid, because I have one hell of an aim. Now come out slowly."

I heard a deep boyish chuckle, as whoever it was slowly shut the door revealing himself. There stood a boy who looked a bit older than I, but I hardly paid attention to his face, because my eyes were locked on the sword he had leaning across his shoulder.

"Ok, you caught me," he smiled charmingly.

"Look, I don't know who you are but, you need to leave right now," I threatened.

"Really?" he said walking towards me slowly.

"Stay back!" but he just kept coming towards me confidently.

"You mean to tell me, you don't recognize me? Look hard." his voice was so smooth I couldn't help but lower my weapon slightly, taking in his looks.

His hair was a pure snowy white, and his eyes were a stunning crystal blue, but it was when he smiled that it suddenly clicked. He had this wolfish grin with abnormally large canines, "Kotaro?" I whispered with uncertainty.