38. Home Bound

Akira stood behind Hidan and Kakuzu, peering cautiously ahead at what was their target. The dirty blonde haired kunoichi, from the land hidden in the clouds, smirked, seeming pleased with herself that she drew them into her den. She now had all the entrances and exits blocked off, having sealed them with the use of explosives. The way she spoke and stood her ground in the face of three members from the Akatsuki was impressive, but how well could she really hold her own against the 3 of them?

Akira truly was dying to find out.

Frankly, she had been itching for a fight since they had left the hideout. Still filled with spiteful anger at what happened with Itachi, she was looking for anything to take her fury out on. It was not the rejection that angered her, she could handle that. No, it was the reasoning behind the rejection.

A monster is what he called her, a monster is what she will give everyone. She was tired of trying to prove to others that she was merely human. Tired of trying to control and reign in Okami. She wanted to let herself loose. However, Kakuzu and Hidan could sense the battle lust in her growing.

Kakuzu turned his head towards Akira, muttering a warning, "Don't even think about it. You just let us handle this."

"Yeah who knows, ha maybe she'll comply with us?" Hidan mocked the jinchuriki, holding out his hand to her, "What do you say? Make this easy and just come with us."

The kunoichi scowled, getting on all fours, "You're insane! No way in hell would I come with you!"

The wolf ears on Akira's head perked up, intrigued as she felt the sudden release of massive amounts of chakra. This woman was changing right before their eyes, bringing a heavy amount of demonic pressure to the room.

"Hidan you idiot," Kakuzu hissed, angry that he had provoked her into releasing her tailed beast form.

Hot steaming air engulfed the three and Akira gaped in awe as a blue fiery, two-tailed beast towered over them, like an enormous panther-like demon.

"So, this is what a demon's true form looks like?" she whispered, feeling her heart race, not from fear, but from excitement.

The beast's paw came down onto Kakuzu, who stood mere feet from her, crumpling him underneath its weight. Akira stood entranced, staring directly into the open mouth of the bijuu as flames gathered into a massive ball, aimed directly in her direction.

Hidan cursed preparing to run, "Hey what the hell do you think you're doing, don't just stand there!" He hesitated a mere moment to grab Akira's hand and pull her away from the oncoming ball of destruction, but she wouldn't budge and it was now too late to attempt to move. "Ah shit, this is going to hurt." Hidan squeezed his eyes shut, unknowingly squeezing Akira's hand simultaneously as he braced himself for the charring impact, but it never came.

Opening his eyes, he found himself and Akira encased in a dome of darkness, the ball of fire consuming the area around them, however, it was unable to break the barrier she placed over them.

"Why don't you stand on the sidelines for this one, Hidan?" Akira spoke, not really looking at him when she did so. No, instead her eyes were locked onto the tailed beast before her, a new feeling beginning to emerge inside of her.

Akira's whole appearance seemed to be altered. The white of her eyes were entirely black, a stark contrast to the golden color of her irises. Her long, waist-length, midnight black hair seemed to stand on end, like raised hackles on a wolf, and her teeth grew, her sharp canines protruding slightly.

Akira could feel his confused gaze on her, but didn't know how she could explain to him what she was feeling. This was something completely different from the anger-driven want to fight. Here stood a demon in front of her, baring its teeth at her...and...all she wanted, was to destroy it. This urge to conquer. This urge to dominate and show who was the strongest. It was so animalisitic.