6. The Other Side Of Me

I found myself floating in a endless room of darkness. There was no floor. No ceiling. Just me and the tall mirror that floated across from me. There was something off about this particular mirror. Not only was the glass shifting and moving where it should have been solid and ridgid, but there was also a large crack darting down from the top left of the frame. From this crack, seeped a black smokey gas like substance that vanished into the air.

I floated closer now, reaching out to brush the glass with my slender fingertips, my curiosity getting the best of me. As soon as my fingers reached out, my reflection reached out at the same moment, passed the surface of the mirror grabbing my arm. I let out a cry, resisting as it tried to pull me inside of the mirror, yet the hand's steel grip was unbreakable.

Soon the face of my reflection pushed and poked out of the seemingly liquid glass, snarling at me with a nasty grin and crimson red eyes. No. This wasn't me. She may have resembled me in some aspects but the smile, the eyes, the aura coming off her was completely malevolent.

"Did you miss me?" the reflection spoke tauntingly.

As soon as it spoke I knew who it was. Yin. How could I ever forget her voice? I finally managed to wrench my hand away from her and as soon as she lost her grip on me, she was trapped back behind the liquid mirror.

There was a look of complete hatred plastered on her face but then her evil smirk returned, "You think you can keep me in here forever? You're wrong. Look, my essence is already beginning to seep through," she said motioning to the crack in the mirror.

I was too frightened to produce words, yet she was right. The crack running across the mirror was very large at this point.

"How much longer do you think you have? My guess is, not very long."

Finally, I stopped cowering in the dark and found my voice, "I'm not ready to let you win. I swear I'll keep getting stronger, to the point where I can control you. With Kotaro's help, I'll fend you off for as long as I can!"

Her crimson eyes twinkled curiously before she smiled to herself, as if she knew something I didn't, "Hm, Kotaro is what you call him. He must be putting on quite an act to have you be so trusting of him. Just remember...he is just like me." She bared her teethy grin at me once more, striking fear in my heart just as I felt this dream collapsing around me, "Until next time."

"So...," I thought as I felt myself begin to fall through the darkness, "This was the other side of me."

~~

My terrified scream pierced the silence of the room and died down as soon as I realized I was back in my world. I had woken up in an unfamiliar room, covered by a blanket, with so much pain radiating through out my entire body. I clutched my abdomen gasping at the intense pain of sitting up, just as there was a loud bang.

"Akira!" Sasuke burst through the door, his eyes scoping out the entire room for danger.

"S-Sasuke," I didn't really know what to say. My eyes and face were a light pink at the fact I had screamed like I was being attacked in my sleep.

"What's wrong? Why did you scream like that?" he asked kneeling by my side.

"I-I just had a bad dream."

He looked skeptical but watched me silently as I tried to get myself together. As soon as my eyes met his, he shifted his dark onyx eyes downward avoiding my gaze.

"What happened? Is everyone ok? What happened to Zabuza and Kakashi?"

Sasuke calmly explained how he and Naruto teamed up to free Kakashi and how Zabuza was killed and taken by a hunter nin who collected his body. While Kakashi landed in crutches everyone was fine and we were now safe and resting at Tazuna's house.