28. Wander Wolf

My eyes quickly shifted up as the wall opened up for someone to enter. I sat in my cold, stone corner scowling and enraged. It was almost as if the room itself was mocking me with how easily it opened for others...yet, when I beat against them with all my might, with all the fire I could muster, and the infinite number of blows from my demon tails, they stood unwavering. It was almost as if these walls were alive. The moment I chinked the stone, it regenerated within seconds leaving me drained of all the fight I had in me. I was so tired...but regardless of the fatigue, my body reacted to the shape of Itachi's body entering the room.

I lashed out instantly, lunging toward him recklessly without a second thought about my life or who it was that I was attacking. There was a look of irritation on his face as he caught me by my throat, midair, and slammed my entire body to the stone ground. For him, the act itself was easy due to my weakened state, but still my body thrashed wildly, my crimson eyes blinded by sheer blood lust.

There was the faintest scowl on his face as he looked down at me struggling, doubting whether he should have any hope of changing what I was. He watched me for days, today being only the 5th day. He watched as I slipped further and further away into a being that couldn't even be classified as having any other desire than to kill. Everything in the room that could be burned was charred to ash. Dozens of self inflicted wounds and bruises, from mindlessly attacking the impenetrable walls, scattered my body and he realized I was to a point of not even caring for the body I was in. I was destructive. I was unable to be reasoned with and a danger to everyone including myself.

"This can't go on any longer. At this rate I should just kill her myself," he whispered, before finally making up his mind of what to do with me.

My nails clawed at his fingers around my throat as inhuman growls escaped my mouth. Too blinded by the blood thirsty haze, I didn't even take notice of the strange new pattern of his red sharingan eyes. With his spare hand, that was now tender from burns and wrapped in bandages, he forcefully took my face holding me still as he peered deep into my eyes.

The pattern in his eyes began to spin, his lips parting to utter one last sentence before he put me under, "I'll apologize, once you wake up."

~~~Itachi's POV:~~~

I turned as Konan exited the sealed room with a small bag full of wet used towels. Her face was serious and her presence quiet.

"Thank you again, Konan." I said, acknowledging she had gone out of her way to help me with washing Akira while she was under my Tsukuyomi.

She nodded somberly, her amber eyes skirting back towards the sealed room, "You're welcome. I wouldn't expect you to be comfortable with washing her. Hm, I can't remember the last time there was another female amongst us...," she paused for a moment in thought. "Will she be okay when she wakes?"

I frowned very slightly, "I am not sure...With my Tsukuyomi, I'm forcing her to relive years without feeding her desire to kill."

My theory is, by the time she wakes, her drive to spill blood will have all but shriveled. There is a chance, however, that she may wake up considerably traumatized, or may not even wake up to begin with. I've never had someone under this long. This was Akira's 6th day under my Tsukuyomi. Today was the day I would finally release it's hold on her. Time was running out for her and there were only 3 days left before Pein's deadline.

"I see. Well when she wakes, bring her up. I'm interested in seeing who she is when she isn't raging," Konan said before leaving me, purposefully not addressing the possibility that Akira may not wake at all.

I gathered myself before entering the room. There she lay on a mattress, covered in fresh sheets. There was an IV line that hung from her arm, continuously giving her much needed nutrients as she underwent her withdrawal. Her face was not peaceful, far from it. Although her eyes were closed, she made frequent small whimpers, her face showing pure distress as she faced a very different reality in her mind.
I would never let it show, but I was exhausted...keeping her in this jutsu took a considerable amount of chakra, and given the amount of time she's been under, I was just about at my limit.