Grace

*Trigger warning for abuse*

Yet another night of walking home from work in the freezing cold because my "girlfriend" is too busy getting high and drunk with her friends to come pick me up. She refused to let me use the car and just told me to wear a jacket. Like that would help when it felt like it was -20. It's also late at night, it's around 11pm.

My name is Audrey, I'm 22 years old and I'm in an extremely toxic relationship with Grace. A 25 year old woman who manipulated me into a relationship a few months ago. I don't even know how it happened, I kept declining her date offers and I finally gave in. Now here we are 3 months later and she's a monster. She completely sheltered me from everyone, she only lets me go to work and come home. She has control of my bank account that she uses to fuel her habits while she barely puts any food in the house so most of the time I'm starving. I've lost 20 pounds since being with her and it's not good but it's not so easy to just leave.

The walk home from my work is only a little over a mile but when it's cold and snowing like this it takes me forever to get there. When I finally got home I almost tripped coming in the door because my legs were numb from the cold. Grace and 4 of her friends were playing cards in the living room. There was beer bottles and shot glasses everywhere, cigarette butts spilled all over the floor, a few bongs scattered around them and pizza boxes with half eaten food were around them. I waved my hands in front of my face trying to get the smoke away from me as I kicked off my shoes.

Grace said something to me but I didn't hear her because I was too busy trying to get the warmth back into my body. I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and as I was drinking it Grace came in and knocked it out of my hand, spilling it all over me and breaking the glass in the sink.

"I said where's my kiss" she slurred as she grabbed me by the back of my head and forced her tongue into my mouth. I bit her tongue and pushed her back away from me before wiping my mouth. Her friends started laughing at her and that pissed her off. She reached out and backhanded me in front of them. I stumbled back and fought back tears as I held my now bleeding lip.

"Don't you bite me or push me away you fucking bitch!" She shouted as she came closer.

I cowered away and she took my phone out of my pocket and started to go through it. I had enough so I slid my shoes back on and walked out the door.

I didn't know where I was going but I just wanted away from grace.. I was walking down the street when a car sped up behind me. I moved out of the way just in time so I didn't get hit. The person slammed on the breaks and got out of the car. Grace stormed over to me holding my phone in her hand and started going on a rant about how I'm a cheating whore and all this shit. I had no idea what she was talking about because I literally never did anything like that. I was always loyal even if she didn't deserve my loyalty.

She pushed me against the chain link fence and continued screaming in my face. I tried to cover my face with my arm and that's when she started hitting me. She was slapping and punching me until I fell to the ground. She held onto the fence as she continued her assault by kicking me over and over again. I was screaming and begging her to stop but my pleas were falling on deaf ears. She grabbed me by my shirt and made me look at her but I couldn't focus on her. One of my eyes was swelling shut already, blood was coming from my lip my nose and a small cut from one of her rings under my eye. It was hard to breathe and I could tell she broke at least one of my ribs..

"You're fucking pathetic.." she snarled.

She wrapped her hands around my throat and squeezed so hard I could feel her nails cutting into my skin. I was coughing and gasping for air when she finally let go and kicked me a few more times. She then dragged me to the car and tossed me into the backseat almost effortlessly. I curled up into a ball and did my best to continue breathing. I was barely clinging to consciousness when she stopped the car and pulled me out, dropping me onto pavement before getting back into the car and speeding off.

I lifted my head slightly and saw that she kicked me out of the car in front of a hospital. At least she had the decency to do that.. I tried to get to my feet but I just fell right back down. I tried to call out for help but as soon as I inhaled pain shot throughout my body. I whimpered weakly and started to crawl towards the entrance but with it being late at night nobody was around. I crawled as far as I possibly could but my body collapsed as soon as I got to the doors. Thankfully a nurse saw me and rushed out.

"IM GONNA NEED SOME HELP OUT HERE" she screamed as she frantically tried to help me. I groaned quietly and still fought to stay conscious.

"Stay with me sweetheart.. can you tell me your name? Who did this to you?" She whispered quietly.

"M-my name.. is A-Audrey.."

Hello here I am! I'm sorry for starting ANOTHER story when I already have so many going on.. I apologize but this idea came to me when I was half asleep and I couldn't stop thinking about it 😅 I'll do my best to consistently update this on Tuesdays! Much love 🥰😘💕💗❤️👾