Home

The whole drive we basically just had casual conversation like we had at the hospital everyday. I expected to feel uncomfortable being with someone I didn't know very well but something about her was just so comforting. Like I've known her my whole life.

I noticed that we had gone up into the mountains. The houses appeared less and less while the trees appeared to be getting thicker. We pulled up to a gate that had a code Amelia typed in before it opened. I guess I had a scared look on my face or something because she laughed and shook her head.

"The code is 0-9-2-4 I just don't like strangers showing up unannounced and I feel safer this way."

I nodded my head and turned my attention back to her driving. The whole property was surrounded by a very tall fence, not a normal one either. It seemed like it was made of a thick metal or something similar.

"Why do you have such a ridiculously tall fence?"

"Well with living here, we have mountain lions, bears, and a bunch of other animals I prefer to keep out. It's for our safety sweetheart don't worry. They can't climb it, if they tried they would basically just slide right back down."

I mean we were in the middle of a literal forest so it would make sense to want to keep the animals away but I don't know why it had to be so excessive.

She pulled her car into the garage and shut the door before getting out of the car and helping me inside. I was healed for the most part but I still had some pain when I tried to move too fast. Amelia must have noticed my discomfort because she slowed down her pace and walked beside me.

"It's getting a little late, how about I show you to your room and I can give you a proper tour of the house tomorrow? It's not a huge house but I just want to make you feel at home"

I gave her a small smile and nodded my head in agreement. I could have slept in the car on the way here but I couldn't get comfortable enough so by now I was exhausted.

She led me to a bedroom that was downstairs and opened the door. She flipped the light on and I looked around, taking everything in. It was simple but perfect. There was a dresser, a queen sized bed, a bedside table, and there was a tv mounted on the wall. The walls were a beige color and the rest of the room was pastel colors.

"Well what do you think..?"

"I love it! It's so simple and perfect!"

I turned and gave Amelia a tight hug but quickly let go when the pain in my ribs told me I was doing too much.

"Whoa easy now.. we want you to get better not worse" the older woman said with a slight smile.

"Speaking of.. I had them fill your prescriptions, make sure you read the labels before you take them okay? I'll be back with a bottle of water."

She handed me three pill bottles and left the room. I took off my shoes and sat on the bed to read the labels. One said take twice a day, one said take one with each meal and the last one said to only take before bed.

I opened the nighttime medicine and took out one of the pills while I waited for Amelia to bring me water. I stared down at my hands and played with the pill between my fingertips. Flashbacks of Grace popping pill after pill as she shouted at me and hit me ran through my head.

A gentle hand on my shoulder snapped me out of my thoughts making me jump so bad I thought I would have a heart attack. I recoiled away, instinctively covering my face with my arms while repeatedly apologizing.

"Hey hey it's okay it's just me you're okay I've got you come here sweetheart.."

Amelia gently wrapped her arms around me and pulled me close to her. I reluctantly reciprocated the hug as I tucked my face into her neck. She played with my hair while gently shushing me until I was calm.

"What are you sorry for sweetheart? You didn't do anything wrong it's okay. I didn't mean to startle you.. here's your water"

She handed me the water and I took the pill with a small sip of water.

"I don't know what came over me.. I'm sorry"

I sighed and got under the covers trying to get comfortable. I tried not to pay attention to what Amelia was doing but she was watching me intently the whole time.

"Alright well I better get to bed myself.. I'm only right down the hall if you need anything you can just come get me.."

I sat up and quickly grabbed her hand. I didn't want to be alone.. I didn't want her to leave me..

"C-can you please stay with me..? Just until I fall asleep.. I feel safe when you're with me.. that was a really stupid question you don't have to.. you don't have any obligation to me.."

Amelia let out a soft chuckle before turning off the light and making her way over to me. She got into the bed with me and made herself comfortable.

"Come here, I'll give you some cuddles.."

She couldn't see me but I smiled and cuddled up to her. There it was.. that feeling again. I felt so safe in her arms. Like nothing could hurt me.. I was home..

Hello here I am! Sorry it's not very long this time, I honestly didn't have the motivation to write but I wanted to keep on schedule! I also haven't edited this at all so please let me know if I made any mistakes 🤣 Please vote and comment! Much love 💕🥰❤️👾