Secrets

I've been laying here just staring at the tv for hours. The show I was watching went off a long time ago but I was still just staring at the blank screen. I felt like I was just.. stuck in place. A rattling of keys at the door startled me enough to get me to sit up. Is Amelia already home from work? Was I really sat here that long..? The door opened and a girl about my age walked in and seemed startled by my presence.

"O-oh I'm sorry I didn't know Doctor Garcia had a guest.."

She seemed slightly frightened and her accent was extremely thick I almost couldn't understand her because of the fog in my head. It sounded Russian maybe..? Her icy blue eyes locked with mine for a moment and it looked like she wanted to say something but then she hurried off somewhere without saying another word. I did notice her glance into a corner of the room before she did though so I got up from the couch and looked there myself. I didn't see anything so I have no idea what made her so scared.

I rubbed my eyes and went upstairs, the weird girl started cleaning and I didn't want to make it awkward for her. I decided to take a shower so I started to go through some drawers to find clothes. As I was going through one of them I touched something metal. What does this lady have in here? I moved the clothes and picked up a pair of heavy duty metal handcuffs.

"Sheesh someone must be a bit of a freak.." I whispered to myself as I giggled.

I put them back where I found them and took the clothes I grabbed with me to the bathroom. I stripped from my clothes and got into the hot shower. I leaned against the wall and I let my fingers lightly brush over my rib cage. They still have a long way to go but it's much better than it was at first. My mind kept going back to the handcuffs I found. Why does Amelia have those..? She doesn't seem like the type to submit to someone but she's also gentle and kind so there's no way in hell she's the one cuffing someone else..

I finished my shower and when I got out I noticed my dirty clothes were gone. Weird.. I literally left them right here.. I quickly got dressed and went to see if I could find the girl from earlier.

As I was walking down the hall my eyes landed on the door to Amelias office. The door was just SLIGHTLY cracked. I looked around before quietly walking over to it. My hand hovered about the knob for a few seconds, my anxiety was starting to kick in. Maybe I shouldn't go in.. fuck it. I carefully opened the door and stepped in. My jaw literally dropped..

Pictures of me were scattered all over a wall. Some with Grace in them but she was crossed out with a red sharpie. I felt numb but my feet carried me closer. All kinds of pictures.. from me walking home to me at work there were even pictures of me at the hospital..

"What the fuck is this.." I barely whispered as I took one of the pictures from the wall. It was a picture taken through the window of my old apartment from the night Grace attacked me. I dropped it and picked up another one that showed her looking around after she beat me. I dropped that one. Then there was one of her pulling me out of the car at the hospital..

"You shouldn't be in here.." a quiet voice said from behind me.

I turned and saw the girl from earlier looking extremely alarmed. I held up the pictures to her with shaky hands.

"W-what are these..?" I could barely get the words out. My head was spinning at this point.

She rushed over to me and smacked the pictures out of my hands before grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the room. She was mumbling in a different language that I couldn't understand. After she shut the door she let go of me and started pacing in the hallway. She pulled a pill out of her pocket and shoved it towards me.

"Doctor Garcia said to have you take this. You must take it now.." she was frantic and pushy. I could barely understand her. I stepped back away from her and smacked the pill from her hand. She immediately bent down to pick it back up.

"I'm not taking that! Why the fuck does she have pictures of me plastered all over her office?! How did she even get them?!" I was practically screaming at the girl now.

"No no you must take!" She yelled back as she came closer trying to push the pill into my mouth.

"Get away from me!"

I shoved her and ran down the stairs towards the front door and for some reason it was locked to the point I couldn't get it open.

"What the fuck why won't this fucking-"

I kept pulling really hard at the door not even paying attention to the fast paced footsteps behind me until I felt a small pinch in my neck. I let go of the door knob and turned to face the girl.

"What- what did you just-"

My words came out slurred and my vision was blurry. I could feel my heart beating in my ears and my body started feeling heavy. The girl pulled me towards the couch but I didn't make it there. I fell and my head bounced off the floor, within seconds I was unconscious.

Hello here I am! I know I haven't updated my other stories in forever but this one is the only one I have motivation to write 😅 I hope you like it! Please vote and comment, much love ❤️💕🦋✨🥰