Psycho

It wasn't long before I started to regain consciousness. My head was still spinning but I was awake- for the most part.. I was now laying on the couch with a small blanket over me. I could hear Amelia and the girl speaking in a different language in the kitchen but it was too quiet for me to hear them properly. I got up carefully and made my way to the entrance of the kitchen, standing back so they couldn't see me spying.

"You were supposed to keep an eye on her without her getting suspicious! How incompetent can you possibly be?! You didn't even lock the door to my office LIKE I TOLD YOU TO."

I had never seen Amelia like this.. she was always so sweet.. gentle and caring.. But now she's turned into a literal monster.. I looked around the corner and Amelia literally had the girl backed against the wall. She was cowering in fear.

"I-I didn't mean to I'm sorry Doctor-"

Before the poor girl could finish her sentence Amelia backhanded her so hard I thought her head would fall from her shoulders.

"Don't you dare speak unless I say you can! Do you understand me?!"

The girl held her aching cheek and nodded as she tried to stifle her sobs. Her eyes met mine and I felt my heart drop. I didn't stick around to see what would happen, I took off towards the back door. The front one was too obvious.

As I was struggling to get the door open I could hear slow footsteps walking up behind me. Amelias heels made such a distinctive sound on the hardwood floors in her house I knew it was her right away.

"Audrey darling.. what are you doing..?" Amelia questioned with a slight amusement in her tone.

My whole body froze in place for a few seconds. I tried to think of an excuse but couldn't come up with anything. I slowly turned to face Amelia. She stood a few feet away from me with Her arms crossed over her chest. She didn't seem to be angry anymore. She just looked amused.

"I-I was just gonna go get some fresh air.." I stuttered out the lame excuse and I knew that she knew I was telling a bold faced lie.

She hummed as a response and pulled a set of keys from her pocket.

"Well darling.. that door won't open without the keys and I think me and you need to have a little chat.." she purred as she took a few steps closer.

My breath hitched in my throat and I pressed my back against the door. Something about how calm she was just made it so much more disturbing.. Each time her heels clicked against the floor my anxiety rose higher.

"I- I just want to go outside and get some fresh air I don't feel so good.."

It wasn't exactly a lie, I was feeling lightheaded or like my air was being constricted.. Amelia was only about two steps away from me now. I've never felt intimidated by her before but now I do.. She's much taller than I am especially with her heels and her usual calm aura has turned into something malicious..

"Yeah I don't think that's gonna happen sweetheart.. you've seen too much.."

I realized I had been shrinking back against the door when she came closer so I stood up straight to try to stand my ground.

"You're gonna let me leave and you're gonna let me leave now! Why do you have pictures of me plastered all over your walls in your office?! What are you some kind of creep?!" My voice was getting louder the more I spoke.

She did something I would have never expected. She smiled at me. She fucking SMILED at me.

"Oh my darling girl you better watch that pretty mouth of yours.."

She stepped even closer and her body was now slightly pressed against mine and her hands were on the door on both sides of my head. I couldn't move. My body froze.

"Didn't you ever think your relationship with Grace was a little suspicious? The way things just happened when they did? How when she beat you within an inch of your life and left you at MY hospital when I was the only doctor on duty that night?"

My heart dropped.. and any bits of anger had turned into fear. She set me up and I played right into her hand.. She chuckled quietly as she brushed my hair behind my ear.

"You see- I've had my eye on you since the first time we met. It was about 2 years ago in a bar. I don't expect you to remember because you were completely blacked out. You rejected me earlier on in the night but I saved you. Some guy was trying to take you home but I took you home and tucked you into bed. I left my number for you to call and you never fucking did. No thank you or anything so here we are.."

She reached out and placed her hand on my cheek. Instinctively I tried to pull away but she had me basically caged against the door.

"You're literally fucking insane get away from me I'm leaving!"

I tried to push her away but she held her ground.

"Sweet girl.. nobody knows you're here.. nobody saw you get into my car.. Grace isolated you from everyone for a reason.. you're mine now and you're never leaving so get that through your thick skull NOW before I make you.." she was practically growling her words at this point.

This can't be real.. how could the sweet doctor I met weeks ago turn out to be a manipulative psychopath..?

Side note! Here's a character reference for Amelia 😊

Hello here I am! I apologize for skipping a week, I've just been in the process of moving and it's been hard to get everything done at the same time

Hello here I am! I apologize for skipping a week, I've just been in the process of moving and it's been hard to get everything done at the same time. Please vote and comment! Much love ✨💕💋🎁🎊✨😘