Doctor Garcia

When I woke up my body felt like it was on fire. My lungs were burning, my head hurt, any type of small movement just sent shooting pain throughout my whole body. I whimpered quietly as I slowly opened my eyes. Or should I say eye.. my right eye was completely swollen shut to the point where I couldn't even open it. There were wires hooked up to my chest with sticky pads. A blood pressure cuff was on one of my arms. There was also an iv in my arm. The last thing I took notice of was being hooked up to oxygen. I groaned as I wiggled around and I realized there was something wrapped very tightly around my rib cage.

I moved the blanket off of myself and lifted the gown up. There was an ace bandage type of material wrapped securely around me. I started trying to take it off but a soft voice startled me and made me stop.

"Please don't take them off.. we can't necessarily fix the broken ribs but those bandages will have to stay there to help them heal properly.. it's gonna hurt and be a long journey but please don't take them off.. I don't want one of them to shift and puncture any of your organs.. especially your lungs.

I looked up at the beautiful woman with the soft spoken voice and just gave a small nod to show I understood what she was saying. I shifted slightly and I almost screamed because the pain was so intense.

"Here let me up your pain medication.." she whispered as she messed with the machine that was hooked up to the iv in my arm.

"There that should help a little.." she took a step back and just observed me.

"Do you know who did this to you Audrey..?"

I turned my head away slightly and pretended I didn't hear her question. Admitting it makes it real and that's something I'm not ready to do. She pulled up a chair and sat down beside me.

"I didn't even tell you my name.." she paused and slightly chuckled.
"My Name is Doctor Garcia. I'm the doctor that will oversee you until you're strong enough to go home"

I sighed and looked away from her. Home.. something that I'm sure I don't have anymore. I'm sure Grace had already thrown all of my belongings into the dumpster or set them on fire so I didn't have a home anymore.

"It's probably going to take a few weeks.. whoever did this to you.." she trailed off and sighed when she sensed that it was still too soon to get me to talk about it.

"It's okay.. I.. I don't have a home anymore.." I whispered quietly as I gently wiped the tears from my cheeks.

I could hear doctor Garcia writing something on her clipboard before she stood up. The sudden movement scared me and I put my hands up defensively.

"That explains all the bruises on your arms.. at least you tried to defend yourself.." she whispered before she scribbled down some more stuff on her clipboard.

"Try to get some rest sweetheart.. you're safe here.."

After she left the room I decided to take her advice and went back to sleep..

***

I woke up to someone pulling at the bandages around my midsection. I opened my eyes and Grace was sitting on top of me, pulling at the bandages while mumbling to herself. I tried to reach up to push her off of me but my hands were restrained to the bed. I started to panic and I tried to scream for doctor Garcia but nothing came out.

"Shut up you stupid worthless cunt she doesn't care about you!" Grace yelled as she pulled a knife from her pocket.

I tried to twist and turn to get her off of me but she just laughed and cut the bandages off of me. She looked into my eyes before plunging the knife right in the center of my torso. She then wrapped her hands around my throat and began choking me. I pulled my hands free from the restraints and started to claw at her hands, trying to pull her away so I could breathe.

"You don't deserve to live Audrey. You're a worthless piece of shit and you deserve every single thing I've done to you!" She seethed.

She took her hands from my throat and started to repeatedly hit my face. I felt so helpless.. I held my hands up to defend myself and kept begging her to stop while repeatedly apologizing to her.

I felt like my body was shaking and I could hear somebody calling my name.

"Audrey wake up! Wake up!"

My eyes opened and I sat up in a panic. Someone had their hands on my shoulders still slightly shaking me. I tried to push them away and kept apologizing and begging them not to hurt me.

"Audrey it's okay it was just a bad dream.. it's okay I've got you I'm not going to hurt you.." Doctor Garcia's soft voice spoke right by my ear.

I started to calm down a little bit and I reached out and clung to her. She was very gentle as she gave me a small hug. She quietly shushed me and after a few minutes I was calm. Still shaky but not in a panic. She helped me lay back down and I flinched when I noticed how much pain I was in.

"I'm sorry.." my voice was barely above a whisper and I was hoping she heard me.

"No no it's okay.. you went through an extremely traumatic experience. Nightmares will probably happen a little more often but you're safe here I promise.." she whispered.

She gently grabbed my hand and gave it a small squeeze while smiling at me. I gave a small smile back and watched as she left the room. Knowing that doctor Garcia was here with me Did make me feel better.. She made me feel protected, like she wouldn't ever let anyone hurt me..

Hello here I am!! I haven't edited this or anything but as I promised! Uploaded it on Tuesday 😊 let me know what you think! Please vote and comment, much love 💕🥰😘❤️👾