Medicine

When I woke up I could feel something or should I say someone underneath me. It took me a few seconds to realize where I was and that I was laying on top of Amelia. I went to sit up but she grunted at me and wrapped her arms around me protectively. I laid my head back on her chest and she muttered something under her breath that sounded like "mine" but I wasn't sure.

I waited there for about an hour before I tried to get up again. This time I wasn't met with the same resistance as last time. I carefully crawled out of bed and made my way to the bathroom. After relieving myself and brushing my teeth I washed my face trying to get rid of some of the sleepy fog I was still in.

When I opened the door I jumped back and screamed when I saw someone standing right there. My brain finally recognized it as Amelia but my heart was still racing inside of my chest.

"Whoa I'm sorry I was just coming to ask if you wanted breakfast I didn't mean to startle you.."

She looked a little flustered herself as she ran her hands through her hair.

"You can come downstairs whenever you're ready and I'll get you something together so you can take your medicine.."

She didn't even give me a chance to reply before she turned around and went downstairs. I shrugged it off and changed into the comfy clothes Amelia left on the bed for me before going downstairs.

"I made you a fruit bowl and oatmeal I hope that's okay"

I sat at the table and gave her a small smile.

"Of course it is! Thank you for putting it together for me I really appreciate that"

She pushed two bowls towards me then set down a glass of orange juice and two pills. I looked at them skeptically because they didn't look like the ones I was taking in the hospital.

"What's wrong sweetheart?"

"The pills just look.. different than they did in the hospital.."

I picked one of them up and examined it closer. It wasn't even the same color..

"They're just a different brand sweetheart, it's the same thing just branded different. It's okay I promise"

She gave me a reassuring smile and seemed to watch me closely while I took them. I didn't argue with her, she's a doctor so I trust her.

"I have to go to work in an hour so you finish up and I'll give you a quick tour"

She started to clean up the kitchen and I caught myself checking her out. She was wearing shorts that clung to her hips and a white tank top that basically showed everything. I couldn't help myself.

She turned to say something to me and I quickly looked away, a shade of pink painting my cheeks. She must have seen me checking her out. That's so embarrassing.. I looked up at her and a smirk was tugging at her lips.

"Are you done..?" She questioned as she raised a brow at me.

I stayed completely silent and just stared at her. She definitely saw me.. what do I say to that?!

"W-what do you mean..?"

Playing dumb works sometimes right..?

She pointed to the bowls in front of me and chuckled. I sighed and picked them up. Of course that's what she was talking about.. get it together Audrey! I internally scolded myself.

"I'm done.. I can wash them"

"Nonsense, My hands are already wet let me.."

She gently took them from me, her hands lightly brushing against mine and leaving small bits of soap on my hands.

"I wanted to apologize for falling asleep with you. That wasn't my intention I just wanted to make sure you were comfortable in your new home but I guess I just ended up falling asleep as well. Plus you were gripping onto my shirt for dear life so it felt like you needed the company. I hope you don't mind.."

"No no I don't mind at all.. thank you for staying with me. It's hard for me to sleep on my own, I have a lot of trouble sleeping but last night I actually slept through the night.."

She finished up the dishes and took me on the tour. It wasn't too much to remember. Kitchen, living room, dining room, a downstairs half bathroom, creepy basement that I will NEVER go in, an enclosed back porch, two rooms upstairs, a full bathroom and her office.

"I have an Xbox hooked up to the tv in the living room. There's a few games with it but it also has Hulu Netflix and Prime video. Feel free to watch or play whatever appeals to you. Just please don't go into my office. That would be a huge contract violation on my end. I know you wouldn't go digging through my files or anything but doctor patient confidentiality.."

I nodded my head in agreement and got myself cuddled up on the couch with a fuzzy throw blanket. Amelia went upstairs to get ready and I put on a movie on Netflix. I wasn't really paying attention to it, I kept spacing out and started to feel really tired. Amelia came back downstairs and put her shoes on.

"There's plenty of food in the fridge, the freezer and the pantry. Drinks as well, help yourself to whatever you want. Also please don't answer the door. I can't have anyone knowing I'm letting a patient stay with me.."

"Okay got it.. snacks and drinks. No strangers."

I yawned and rubbed my sleepy eyes.

"I'll be home later tonight, don't forget to take your pills with your lunch.."

I watched her leave and turned my attention back to the movie I was watching. I still couldn't keep myself focused. No matter how hard I tried I just kept spacing out and half falling asleep. What is wrong with me..?

Hello here I am! It's hard to keep up with a schedule but I've been consistent so far! I hope you're liking this book so far 😊 please vote and comment! Much love 🥰💕❤️