Never getting better 3/4ish(06-17-21)

TW.suicide mentions

-:-

"That's exactly what I need from my successor."

-:-

So when both Peter and Allie woke up in the morning they got to work. No word was spoken between the two. Shared looks able to convey thoughts, not much else. They waited for the right moment to leave the room in order to load Peters belongings into the backseat of his car.

To who it may concern,

Allie and Peter drove silently through the busy New York Streets. Peter had the ghost of a smile on his face. Soft music played in the background, and he felt like a total contrast to what he had been yesterday.

Yesterday was anger and unimaginable disappointment. A raging storm that was leaving Peter exhausted.

But today?

Today felt relieving. Soft, cool happiness, content. A calm sea of feelings that only solidified his decision.

This is my choice.

Peter pulled up to a goodwill and threw his his whole life into the donation bin. Allie matched, and even rivaled his strength, so there wasn't much trouble at all. Allie hummed as she ticked off task two on the list.

Task list:
1: pack up belongings
2:donate to charity (help the unfortunate)

Allie mentally notes that they had several tasks left to do through the day and that's probably why Peter wanted to wake up early.

I know this is in a sense selfish.

Peter and Allie slipped identical masks on.

"Hello Allie. I'm Karen."

"WHAHAHA WHAT WAS THAT." Allie's mask eyes were wide and her arms flailed around.

"That was my AI, I named her Karen when I was kinda stuck somewhere." Peters voice held a bit of amusement as he spoke, glancing at the surprised girl.

"Oh, well hi Karen! It's nice to meet you."

"Are you going to be Spiderman now?"

Both teens paused, and Allie took a deep breathe

"Yes but I think I'll change my name to spider-girl instead, you know?"

It'd feel wrong stealing his name.... And well I'm a girl too

"Ok."

Peter shrugged when Allie paused to look at him.

"I want to teach you the basics before you try to be a master at this." The words were accompanied by pure joyful laughter.

"That's fair enough."

But I'm tired of being unselfish, unhappy, unloved.

Allie and Peter whooped as they swung around New York, looks of amazement and being pointed at as they swung by pedestrians. Allie seemed to be having the time of her life and Peter smiled at maybe the last person he would ever care for.

Landing by a churro cart, Peter brought out his wallet and handed the man a hundred dollars. "Your two best churros please!" The man looked at the two stunned, before grabbing the money and grabbed the two warmest churros he could get.

"Thank you Spiderman! Who's your little friend?"

Allie and Peter looked at each other and shrugged. "She's my little sister, and my soon to be successor. I'm about to retire."