Watching Loki 4/7(05-29-20)

Peter woke up to the smell of something burning and laughter. He was grateful that his senses are dialed down for the first hour that he's awake. He rolled out of the bed, and grabbed an outfit from his suitcase. A black t-shirt and a pair of jeans.

He walked to the kitchen, and pulled his shirt over his nose. "Your telling me Bruce Banner can't cook?" Bruce just shrugged. "I'm a scientist, not a chef." Peter just rolled his eyes at the man and looked at the time on the stove, 4:30 a.m.

"I'll make breakfast, Loki you take care of the animals, and Dr.Banner you'll take care of cleaning. I have school in three hours so we better hurry up."
Bruce was surprised to see Loki actually listened to the kid, and got a little suspicious, but waved it of Anyways.

Peter quickly made cinnamon rolls from the freezer, and put them on plates equally, taking the extra. "So Peter, why haven't I met you sooner?" Bruce asked when sitting down, grabbing his plate.

"Last year Mr.Stark offered to have me on the Avengers. I wasn't ready and said no, and I just haven't been contacted since. I'm probably the only other mutant he knows so he called me up to watch Loki. But to be honest, Loki is is thousands of years old and a god. All I do is sway his ideas. If Loki wanted to cause chaos, it's not like I could stop him."

Loki just smiled, and finished the food. Bruce looked between Loki and Peter in surprise. "The child has a way with words. He's been more kind to me then any of you have been. I have no reason to do anything anyways."

-:-

Loki decided to stay at the tower and play with his pets, and Peter wasn't upset about it. It was Tuesday, and he was nervous about his Aunt May meeting Loki. It wasn't really Loki's fault, and Peter knew May was reasonable, but he was still nervous.

Peter thought of Loki like his big brother who was just a bit of a trouble maker. It's only been a few days so peter feels like he's a little crazy for thinking that,but Loki is a good person-God? Being? Peter doesn't really know how to phrase it.

Bruce, who is driving him to school, paused the music. "Do you really trust Loki?" He seemed disbelieving. Peter knew he didn't mean it in disrespect though. He knew Bruce was genuinely curious, and it was perhaps a good way to improve the relationship between the Avengers and Loki.

"With my life. He had a very rough life, family and experience, recently. I understand what he feels so it's hard not to be at least allies." Peter was telling the truth, he could see it in Loki's mannerisms, his actions.

"But isn't hard to not be afraid of him? He's a god, a god of trickery and lies." Bruce said, and Peter thought he may have been letting out his own perspective.

"And your Bruce Banner, part Hulk, part Bruce. Do you think I'm afraid of who you are?"

"That's different, Hulk has its own mind."

"He is still apart of you, he still feeds off your feelings." Peters words seemed to make Bruce understand. Loki has never given Peter a reason to distrust him, and it's not like the Avengers had given Loki a chance. Maybe....maybe.

Peter got a lot of looks as he walked to the front of the school after getting out of Bruce's car. He could hear them whispering, some in awe, some in disbelief. "Peter! Was that really The Bruce Banner?" Neds eyes were wide and Peter just smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, I'll have to let you meet him at some point."

-:-

Bruce expected the kid to be in front of the school after the bell rang and everyone had rushed out. Luckily, no one went up to the car. Except one kid, he was looking worried, and started to walk over to Bruce, but shook his head and went to a different car.

Bruce waited until everyone was gone, and decided to search for peter. Something was up. He heard some talking, and a big SLAM! And decided to check it out. He saw Peter getting beat up, and it felt wrong. But when he caught Peter's eye, he immediately understood.Peter wasn't in pain, he was just faking it. Peter didn't have the heart to fight back.

But Bruce didn't care about Peter's decision. "Hey!" The kids beating up Peter immediately froze, and turned around. "You...your Bruce Banner, the Hulk!" One of them panicked and ran, causing the rest to follow.

"Thanks a lot Bruce! Now there going to go attack some other poor kid." Bruce was taken aback from Peter's attitude. The tone of voice should not have been legal for peter. "I'm sorry peter, but I don't like violence."

Peter looked Bruce right in the eye. "With great power comes great responsibility. That's something you Avengers up in the tower need to grasp. You all act like your lives are more important, but they aren't. If I'm not getting beat up, they attack some other kid who can't even handle it."

Bruce opened his mouth to say something but immediately closed it. Peter was right, the Avengers were only there for extreme problems, but not for individuals. Peter just sighed, grabbing Bruce's arm, and went to the car.

They drove to the tower in complete silence.

Upon arriving, they immediately noticed the panic on other peoples faces. Peter just walked over to the receptionist. "What's the problem Mallory?"

"Loki has been walking around and asking things, and everyone's to scared to say yes or anything at all really." Mallory, who was probably the calmest in the building, told him.

"Right, I'll handle it, thanks." Peter flashed her a smile and he asked FRIDAY where Loki was. "Loki is looking for someone to buy him something, but he hasn't said what as they immediately come up with an excuse."

Peter felt kind of bad for Loki. Nothing Loki did was his fault, and he really shouldn't be made out to look like the bad guy.Finding Loki quickly, Peter and him started the long walk to the store.

"How was your day, Loki?" Peter asked, smiling at him brightly.

"Really good, the animals are well behaved and it was nice to have the place to myself for once. Bruce wouldn't go near me, but i wouldn't expect him too either way."

"Hey Loki, you know you haven't done anything wrong, right?" Peter nudged Loki, making Loki turn to Peter.

"You won't let me forget. Thank you for agreeing to 'watch me' as Stark put it. You've been very kind to me...Your like the brother I had always hoped to have."

"Your like a brother to me too." Peter smiled and they walked in comfortable silence the rest of the way. When at the store, they got ice cream, some frozen pizzas for Loki being home alone, and whatever was needed for tomorrow's dinner. Loki and peter snuggled with the animals, and watched Hello Dolly. Loki really loved it, the songs were very catchy to him.

Peter did his homework, and went to sleep a little while after.

-:::1222:::-

This is a little late but I got it out so I'm not complaining :) Please stay safe near and in riots. I'm not here to express my views on the topic and I don't want you guys doing it in the comments either, I appreciate it.

What's your favorite song, and why?

Bye lovelies 💕