Chapter Ten

The FREE AND EDITED VERSION of this story is posted in Radish.

Radish will always be two chapters advance ;) Again it's for FREE.

P.S. RADISH IS ON CHAPTER TWELVE ALREADY

Chapter Ten

It's been a fast two months and Vince and I are almost living in together.

Most of the nights I sleep at his place. We spend nights watching movies, making out on the couch, doing "that thing", or even cuddling in bed.

During mornings he will drop me off in the hospital and later at night he will fetch me.

But we had no label on our relationship and I am okay with that.

I never asked him his job or even basic things like his surname. I was assuming it was Dorschner since it was his cousin's surname too.

He let me cook for him, his breakfast and dinner are served by me.

He made me forget the hurt in my heart.

Today, we were cuddling on the bed, both dressed, my head resting on his shoulder.

"What is your surname?" I asked out of the blue.

He tilt his head down on me and smirk. "Why honey? Do you want to stalk on me?"

I rolled my eyes, "Seriously, I need a needle to deflate your head"

He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "Maybe I just want to know the surname of my f-uck buddy" I whispered, and I do not know if he heard it.

Images of David suddenly appeared to me.

I moved away from his warmth and started moving out from bed.

This ain't right.

What am I even doing to myself?

I hurriedly grabbed the clothes I wore to change...but Vince held me by the arm. "Hey Monique. What's the matter?"

I looked up at him. How can I even spend nights to someone I barely know? How can I even feel secured in his arms?

I sighed and closed my eyes. "S-sorry Vince. This ain't right"

He chuckled at me, "You're kidding aren't you?" He said.

"We've been doing this for two months Monique. No strings attach. Are you asking for more?" He accusingly stated. I slapped him, hard.

"I know you look down at me as an easy lay. Who would have sleep with a man she barely knew for two long months?" I said, breathing hard.

"I never thought of that... Not until today" I softened. "When images of David came to my mind... This is not me. I am not like this... He didn't want me to be like this..."

I breathed hard, stopping the tears forming through my eyes. "Sorry Vince. Sorry" and hurriedly walk out of his unit.

----

I spent the next two days of my life at David's graveyard. Talking to him, apologizing.

I was asking for forgiveness because for three years, it was my first time to forget to visit him. 8 weeks. I haven't been at his tomb for eight weeks.

I was saying sorry for giving in that easy. I should know that he just respect me so much to kiss me in public or to even make love to ms before marriage.

I was saying sorry to him...because I think I am falling in love.

Falling in love with the wrong man.

David always wanted the best in me. Only the best.

Yet I did something that I might regret forever.

I was falling in love with a stranger who saw me in a "no strings attached" relationship.

Why did I not stop it before it gets worst?

I looked on my wrist watch and saw it was five in the afternoon. I walk away from his grave and decided to visit his mom.

It was a thirty minute drive, and in no time, I was there.

Shocked, I saw another car at the garage. Did she had a visitor?

I knocked on the door, and saw a woman, other than David's mom opening the door.

She looks the same age as I, a with a typical American features.

"Aubrey who is that...?" Rebecca, David's mom did not finish. She was holding a little boy, about three years of age. She almost paled at the sight of me.

I looked at the little boy, his eyes... Those eyes were an exact replica of David's. Could it be...?

"Come in Monique. You have to know something"

I felt a kick on my heart as it start beating fast.

Can I be wrong?