Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Mrs. Monique Spencer.

Yes. He did marry me, and I needed to go to Europe to stay with him.

I have met his parents, and I must say, she has a loving mom.

Mom and Dad was happy for me too, they've seen news about us in the tabloids and they were happy to know that I married a good man.

I continued my profession here in France, living on a simple life, living in shadows.

Living as the unknown wife of the uncrowned prince.

We celebrated the wedding in America without Vince's parents... I thought they did not like me that's why they did not come.

But actually, Vince did not let them know.

But at least my parents are present, they served as our witnesses too.

Yes, it was just the four of us.

And we are engaged into a secret marriage. I explained to my parents that we needed to hide our marriage to pull away from medias attraction...

But the truth there was, because he told me the day before our wedding that,

"It will be easier to pull some strings in divorcing. I do not want the media to interfere with this and put the name of France at stake."

That made me think if I should still marry Vince.

But the I think of my parents. They were happy for me... So I continued to commit the marriage with him.

Since then he had been cold with me, we do not share a room, we do not even talk a lot.

This is my decision wasn't it?

The first time Vince brought me to France was two weeks ago, it was an order of the Queen.

It was the first time I saw the King and Queen of France in years.

Mom was hospitable. She loves being with me.

Today she asked me to go to the Palace and now I am waiting for her.

She was wearing a simple cream colored dress and hugged me excitedly. "Hello my dear Monique! I'm glad you were able to take a leave."

I smiled at mom. "I am glad too mom. Do you need something from me?" I respectfully asked.

"No!" She immediately answered. "We are going out for shopping!" She excitedly beamed.

"Mom..." I bowed my head. "Sorry but I cannot go out with you" I said in a small voice.

She held me by the shoulder, inspecting me. "Why? What happened? Are you okay? Are you sick?" She asked, worried.

I gave her a fake smile, "Vince told me not to go anywhere public with you or Dad. I-It might attract paparazzi and..."

"What are you saying?! We are announcing your wedding next month!" She hysterically said.

"N-no mom... Vince and I will be divorcing after a year..."

"This is crazy! I will call Vince!"

"M-mom..." I held her, "M-my dad, he is dying...a-and it will cause too much trouble if we will be under controversy, it might cause stress over him... He was the reason why Vince agreed on marrying me, he merely wanted to help." I said, it was a half truth half lie.

"And what if you get pregnant?" I smiled bitterly and shook my head, "It's not an option for us m-mom. We talked about it already..."

——

I am confuse. Damn! I am confuse!

Seeing Monique in her simple white wedding dress on our wedding day made me a wild possessive man.

She is really mine. She is my wife.

I am not talking to her often because I want to stop hurting her.

I had done nothing but hurt her... And She doesn't deserve that.

She will never deserve being hurt.

I always put Katherine before her. I know it is wrong but Katherine needs me.

I'm the only one who knows what she has been through. How long she needed to mend her heart, how she broke down into pieces.

It has been because of the trauma of losing her grandfather and finding out that damn business tycoon whom she doesn't really deserve.

I wanted to start anew with Monique.

I cannot guarantee that she owns my heart already...

But I'm almost there. Almost.

Damn. Thinking she married the doctor makes me want to kill the man with my bare hand. I hate his guts, him professing his love for her.

Because I am afraid that one day he will get what is mine.

I opened Monique's door, just like what I do every night. I look at her beautiful face, smelling her fresh vanilla scent. Sometimes, she makes those cute little sounds, assuring me that she is asleep. I steal kisses sometimes and I can't help but miss cuddling her.

When I became distant, she respected it.

But she makes sure to prepare breakfast and dinner for me, then she stays at her room right after cooking.

But tonight it is different. Because tonight, I'm going to give in to the temptation.

I removed my shoes and loosen my tie.

On the other side of the bed, I lay down, and gathered her in my arms. "Vince..." She mutter in her sleep.

I smiled widely and kissed her forehead, "Good night honey", cuddling her until I was asleep.