Special Chapter Three

Later that night, I knocked on daddy's office.

He might be mad at me, because I have been a bad girl.

"Come in." He authoritatively said.

I peeked over the door and he looked at me.

Tears blur out my eyes as I run towards him. I hugged him and sit on his lap like how I always do when I was a little kid.

"Sorry daddy. I'm so sorry." I hiccuped. "I promise I w-will never d-do that again. I-I will not walk out from you. S-sorry daddy. Please forgive me. D-don't hate me daddy."

I know I am bad to walk out on him. I was unhappy and disappointed when I opened the envelope from Harvard and I passed knowing daddy was not happy for me.

Mom was ecstatic. Vince Miguel, my fifteen year old brother told everyone about it and our ten year old doll, Vanessa Margarette hugged me tightly and expressed her gratitude while our seven year old Vin Matthew told me

"I don't understand what's happening but I am happy for you Valerie. I love you big sister."  And gave me a noisy kiss on the cheek.

But dad was not on the same page with them. He told me I will not leave. I cannot study in America.

"Shhh. Valerie Maegan, stop crying little girl."

"I'm not little anymore." I sobbed.

Daddy chuckled and wiped my tears away. "You sitting at my lap like you always do when you were little to tell me your day, or to tell me the bad things that happened to you is exactly what you are doing now little girl.

Daddy and I sat on the couch with my head on his chest and my hands wrapped around him. "Daddy, please forgive me? I promise I will not do that again!"

He chuckled and looked at me. "I'm sorry if you had a strict daddy darling."

"No no! Don't say that dad. I'm happy because you love us all. I should have not answered back. I-I thought I was a big girl and I can do anything." I softly said.

Dad held my chin, forcing me to look at him. "I-I was just unhappy." I said. "I wanted to be like you dad. I want to conquer the world, to be a lawyer, or great businesswoman just like what mom and you had always said."

Dad sighed and kissed my forehead. "I thought of it already. Your mommy had always been your refuge when I become too strict with you but you did not hear her defend you today, not because she was on the same page with me, she just wanted me to realize what I have done. How I ruined a moment all of you was celebrating..."

"Dad! It's not true! Dad let's just drop this okay? I'm fine here. I'll study in University of Cambridge--"

"I'm letting you." He said, cutting me off.

"Fulfill your dreams baby. Conquer the world. Be a lawyer if you want to. Just...just don't enter into a relationship not until you graduate you hear me? You promised me that didn't you?"

My jaw dropped and my eyes twinkled. "You're letting me study in Harvard?" I repeated.

He nodded at me and I shouted my heart out. "Oh my gosh. I'm going to Harvard!!!!!!"

I hugged dad and kissed him all over his face. "Thank you daddy. Thank you!"

Then I saw everyone on the door, in their pajamas. "Valerie's going to Harvard!" Mommy excitedly beamed and all my siblings run to us and we shared a one big hug.

One big hug that was a little bit delayed.

I knew it! I know they were listening to daddy and I!

But I just couldn't care. I'm going to Harvard!