Chapter Thirty Seven

I haven't slept all night.

I needed to see her. I needed to see Monique. I immediately move out of bed, leave Katherine and went straight to her pad.

I know she is there.

I knocked three times. I needed to tell her.

Damn! I'll go crazy if she leaves me! I will tell her about the situation. I do not want to lie anymore. I will tell her why I need to help Katherine and she will understand. I know she will understand.

Three more knocks and no one opened the door.

I called in Alex. "Do you know where she is?" I asked.

"A moment dude." He said calmly, I heard him typing on the keyboard.

"She's not here in America." He said.

"Hell! Where did she go?"

"She's in Africa...and she's with Mark."

Fuuuck!

If I thought that was the end of the misery I was wrong.

A moment after that, my secretary called me, telling me that Monique's lawyer wanted to meet me.

My heart was breaking, she wanted divorce.

Angry, I meet with her lawyer, my secretary said he has been calling for days. I met him up on a restaurant with the divorce papers.

Why was it too formal? Why did she not talk to me first? Is this how mad she is with me?

I grabbed the lawyer's collar and almost punched him. "I.will.not.sign.these.papers !" I said and tore the divorce paper into pieces.

I ride on my car. Ignoring the tears falling from my eyes.

She wanted to be free.

She was over the waiting. She was over with her understanding.

She was over with me.

But I love her. Does that even matter now?

I have never been this in love. This in love that I wanted to destroy myself. That I am willing to use in all my powers just to get her.

She is all I needed.

I wanted to back out last minute. To stop saving Katherine. I just wanted to follow Monique and go get her with that stupid fucker.

Why did she gave up on me? I need her. I love her. Damn! I was regretting choosing Katherine this time.

I called on someone, I know this is crazy. But I will be as crazy as I can be. "Look for the files of Doctor Mark Woods. Remove his license. Do everything you can."

"Consider it done." The other line said and I turn off the call.

The man has been interfering a lot and I will give him a lesson...in a hard way.

---

I found Katherine on my mini bar. I sighed. I needed to pretend again. I walked my way to her, and scolded her

"Hey stop drinking. Did you even eat breakfast?"

"Vincent please, I need this." She said

"Last cup and you're done." I let her finish it before saying. "I'm going to throw this all"