Chapter Forty Four

Chapter Forty Four

I was busy packing my things up. I do not know what I will do, but I just needed to see him.

I miss him.

And maybe I needed to talk to him, with no anger or hatred in our hearts. We needed to settle this for our baby.

Who am I kidding?

I just want to see him too.

I was almost done with packing when I saw Vince's mom calling.

"Monique darling?" She greeted, worry evidenced on her voice.

"Vince told me what happened." She said. "I'm unhappy about it, but I'll respect your decision darling."

I felt emotional. The tenderness in mom's voice was making me sad. Was Vince this decided that he even told his mom about it?

"I just want to ask if you know where Vince is? We've been looking for him for long but he was not answering our calls nor did we know if he's in America or in Europe. He just called a week ago telling us you two were off then we do not know."

My heart beats so fast and I caressed my tummy. Where's your daddy baby?

"He left all alone and we've been tracing him now. I just wanted to ask if you had any idea? His dad had been searching for him at his properties but he wasn't anywhere there."

The first thing I remembered was the island. "Had you tried looking for him on the island near the Caribbean mom?"

"Oh. He bought an island? Can you tell me where is it? We will trace it down."

I was certain they wouldn't see it over Vince's properties because he named it after me, "Mom? Can I just personally go over the island? I was heading there too. I think we needed to talk."

"Oh darling. Yes of course you can. I hope you will reconcile with him. I was hurt when I knew you broke up. I want you for her Monique. I know, even if Vince did not tell me, you were arguing because of Katherine but I know that issue was long over. If you would just give him a chance."

I was thinking why did mom not talk about the baby. Did he not told her about it?

"Call me Monique when you see him. Please darling?"

"Yes mom."

---

An hour after my helicopter ride I arrived at the island again. I prayed and prayed that Vince was alright.

When I saw his yacht I felt relieved. He is here, he is hiding here.

The weather was becoming bad, I was thankful I made it inside our home before it started to rain cats and dogs.

"Vince..." I called the moment I walked in.

But no one answered.

I walked around, at the kitchen, living room, dining room, but I saw nothing but empty cans of beer.

Had he been drinking? Is that why he is not answering the calls?

But where is he?

I sighed. You're daddy's being a pain in the ass Valerie Maegan.

I walked up to the second floor and looked over our bedroom expecting him to be at bed, sleeping.