Chapter Twenty One

The FREE and EDITED version is posted on Radish! It's on Chapter 27

Chapter Twenty One

I was anxious to go out from the limousine.

Just stay away from him. Right. Just stay away from him.

We were about to dine at the Raphael Hotel with The Queen and her few friends. She called me to tell me about the event and that she was expecting me to come and join them.

I did not really want to. I don't want to be associated with Vince, not because I was ashamed, but because I don't want his bachelor image to be tainted.

He never goes out on a date with the same girl,

except for Duchess Katherine.

Funny how I was surrounded by the Royals while I am nothing but a plain doctor.

When we went down from the car I try to move away from him, but he didn't let me.

He has a securing arm on my waist, he was too close that he was almost covering my back.

He leaned forward and whispered. "I'm close to beheading every man who tries to look at you. Moreover the men who are checking you out." I around and saw some men looking at me...at us.

He was being different today, he is being...possessive.

We reached the roof deck with him taking me closest as possible to him. The elevator was huge enough to bring in his guards but he instructed them not to join us.

He faced me to him and gave me a peck on my lips. "I don't want to ruin your lipstick now, but I'm planning to do so after our dinner."

I blushed at his blunt revelation. "I-is The Queen at the place already?" I consciously asked. I've on the Queen's eye that she wanted me to call her mom but I don't think it is appropriate.

He smirk and did not answer. When we reached the top floor I saw the beautiful overviewing city lights of Paris and of course, the beautiful Eiffel Tower.

It has been always my dream to have a photo taken at the Eiffel Tower kissing the man I love.

But then I realized, "Where are they?"

The place was full of well trimmed leaves that complements the beauty of the view. I found nothing but a candlelit dinner for two with the foods already served as a soft mellow music plays.

It was an every woman's dream, a romantic dinner.

But I knew it wasn't the case. We are about to go to a dinner with The Queen's friends.

Maybe we've went on a wrong floor, or maybe there was a passage somewhere and we cannot do anything but pass on this area.

I can't help but feel jealous to whoever lucky girl this romantic dinner was prepared for.

How I wish it was me...and the guy will be Vince.

He looked a little tense when I looked at him. "Did you like it?" He asked. "Damn. I'm not good at this. I-I don't do d-dates."

I frowned at him, not understanding what he wanted to say. "I lied" he started.

"I used mom, asked her to call you about the dinner. I was frightened to invite you. I was afraid you will reject me. The things I did to you. I know you knew thar whenever I leave you it is for Katherine..." He inhaled, getting more strength to continue.

I do not know why but tears were forming on my eyes. " I know... I-I look like her... Don't worry. I'm willing to be a rebound girl." I said as stubborn tears fell in my eyes.

I breathed hard and looked away, wiping my tears away. Vince held my shoulder and wipe my tears away.

"I'm sorry if I made you feel that way."

I manage to give him a fake smile. "I love you..." He froze by my revelation. I know it was not from my lips that he wanted to hear that.

And maybe anytime now. I will scare him off.

But I wanted to be true. Just this once I wanted to tell him the truth.

And if he wanted me out of his life.

I will understand...

But at least, I tried.

Just the thought that maybe tonight will be our last night together was like stabbing knives on my heart.

"I know you are not feeling the same way but don't worry I will not force you. Never." I said.

"Just...l-let me feel that way...a-and when the time comes. When Duchess Katherine is free a-and you wanted to g-go I-I w-will let you" I said even though it was hard for me.

He held my face, causing me to look at him. He wiped my tears away with a small smile on his face. "I made this dinner to reveal things with you but you ruined the moment." He chuckled a little.

"It is true. The reason why I helped you that night at the bar was because I saw Katherine in you. That's why I helped you, took you home and took care of you. I've seen Katherine a lot of times in your physical attributes but it was before..."

"Because as I see you more, as I spend more time with you. I haven't seen anyone Monique. Only you."

"I love the feeling of you being beside me, safe in my arms. The vanilla scent you naturally possess. Those cute little sounds you make when you sleep." He smiled genuinely.

He touched my lips and kissed it. I closed my eyes and thanked God. This is enough for me. More than enough.

But when I opened my eyes, Vince's eyes focused on me as he said.  "I'm starting to fall in love with you Monique."

I felt the butterflies in my stomach. My heart was beating fast and I do not know what to do.

He wiped my tears completely and looked at me. "I cannot say I am deeply in love, but I am getting there."

"I do not want anyone near you. I hate that damn doctor for a reason but I kept on denying it. I was convincing myself that this was nothing but hormones. That I just wanted you to warm my bed..."

"But when you told me you will be marrying someone... I lost it. I wanted to kill the doctor with my bare hands as he propose. I moved away from you because all the while I was convincing myself I did this to help you that I was just forced to do it."

He paused and caressed my face.

"But a little voice in my head said that I did this because I am feeling it. I am falling."

"I don't want other men to look at you, be with you, worst to talk to you." He frustratedly said.

"Why? Because you are mine..." He emphasized.

"Because I am afraid....

I am afraid that one day you'll wake up and realize that it is not me who owns your heart anymore."

"That when the time comes that I realized that I am deeply in love with you, you are no longer mine."

Tears continuously fell down on my face. He is now on the same page. I cannot express the feeling. I do not know what to feel.

All I know is that I wanted to cry and I wanted to hug him, be with him.

He kissed me and his kiss was different...

Because I know, right now, he was feeling something for me. The kiss we share is with love.

He held my face, his nose against mine as he ask,

"Will you give me another chance?"