Chapter Thirty Five

I prepared a simple dinner for Vince. He's been away for three days but it felt like weeks.

He was calling me and texting me for the first two days but he suddenly just stopped. I was assuming he was on his way already and he had to finish some errands.

But somehow I couldn't help but wonder why did he not even tell me about his errands?

I just dismissed the thought. I don't want to be the clingy possessive wife who was not even giving her husband some air to breath.

I also can't help but think how am I going to tell him about the debt.

I know, this is not his concern.

And I know he spend too much already with the hospital bills.

But I do not have any resources anymore. All was exhausted, aside from my pad and the car.

I wanted to save our ancestral house, that was the only thing I wanted left, but I guess we also cannot afford to maintain it.

I'm hoping and praying someone will buy my car and my pad. It will somehow lessen the debt, then, after that, I will borrow Vince's money, if he will let me.

Eight o'clock and he still wasn't around. Maybe the flight was delayed.

I waited over the sofa and played with my ring, touching the band with my thumb repeatedly. Never did I thought I was worth this much.

Dad was going okay after all, thanks to Vince. About us, the baby wasn't coming yet. Not that I was in a hurry, more of excited maybe.

Nine. Ten. Eleven. Twelve.

I blew all the candle lights, nothing was almost left with them. I am worrying already. He was not answering my calls, not even sending me a message.

Where are you honey? I'm getting worried.

I press the send button, hoping for an answer.

Exactly after I send it the main door opened. "Vince! I was worried!" I ran to him and hugged him tight, smelling the liquor on him.

I looked at him and caressed his face, "Did you drink? Do you have a problem. Tell me honey."

He looked at me dangerously, like he do not know me.

Like he disgust me.

"Honey..."

"When are you planning to tell me?" He asked, his jaw clenched, gritting his teeth.

I frowned. "About what?"

"When are you planning to tell me about your parents debt!" He roared right in front of me.

I step back in fright. "Vince..." I trailed. He knew. Oh no. He knew.

"I-I was a-about to tell you today."

He chuckled sarcastically. "Really? Are you even close to planning to tell me?"

"Why are you mad at me?" I softly asked.

"Because you are making me dumb!" He shouted. "All of the people knew about it. All of them! While I had no idea about it! You are paying the debt without even telling me!"

"Because it is my parent's debt. Look Vince, this should not concern you. It shouldn't. It is our debt. Our family's debt..."

He chuckled. "And I am not a family then?"

"Vince it is not what I meant..."

"So Tim was a family then?!"

"Come on Vince you are not being reasonable!" I burst. "I did not tell you because I know the moment I tell you, you will do something about it and I do not want you to. This does not concern you..."