Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four

Arriving at Lexumbia never felt like this before.

I used to be excited. Happy.

But now I feel so...incomplete.

I just wanted to cuddle with Monique at home. Leaving her wasn't easy.

I adjusted my work hours from my usual eight to ten in the evening to ten to five in the afternoon.

Family first.

I smirk, knowing Monique did change me.

I spend hours, acquiring all companies I see potential.

I look through the stock market day and night.

I listen to board meetings every single hour.

But now, I lessen my investments. Focused on the profitable one.

I hated gambling with the stock market already.

Most of the times I looked over baby products, buying them and storing them to our "little paradise"

I call Monique often. I set aside meetings. I make sure I'm home before dinner.

And at night, I did not need a bottle of beer to sleep.

I just needed to smell her natural vanilla scent. Her tiny body against mine.

And it was more than enough to sleep peacefully.

And at times like this I know Katherine does not need me anymore. But today I had also a purpose, I'm planning to tell her about my wife.

I just wanted to boast it to the world.

But I did not like what I saw the moment I was near the burial.

The damn frog looking prince was hugging his "ex-girlfriend" while the woman was consoling her.

At their back I saw Katherine, in pain.

She sighed a little and walked away from them.

My head boiled up. Is this how he wanted to treat her? Is this how I will leave Katherine with him?

I walked and followed Katherine before I burst in anger.

She walked her way to the garden and I did not talk to her right away. I just watched her as she looked all over the flowers.

Right now I know what she is thinking.

Katherine had always been competitive. She wanted to please everyone.

If her parents wants her to be the valedictorian she will work her a ss off just to be the valedictorian.

If she wanted to be a black belter she will train hard to be one.

And if she loves, she loves with all her heart.

Not having a baby is bothering her. She can't be as competitive as she is in school but she knows there's nothing she can do.

I've known Katherine for long and I cannot think, not even on a single cell on my brain how she will not be able to bear a child.

No. Nothing happened between us. I've always respected Katherine. I never did things she never wanted. And I know if I ever tried to do the deed with her she will let me.