Chapter Forty one

Chapter Forty one

I spend the night with Vince. He held me on his arms, and I can't help but cry.

I wish he would be happy knowing I am pregnant. I wish this is not this difficult. I wish he did not just impregnate Katherine. I wish...he is mine.

He wooed me to sleep, apologizing, telling me it will be over soon.

I just cried all night and hugged him, just this once. I just wanted to feel him then after this night we will be back to normal.

I remember when I was a little girl, I always dreamt of him to be my husband, for us to live in castle, that he will take care of me, love me.

Then when we kiss we will have a baby.

Of course, that was what I thought when I was a little girl.

Then I became a teenager.

I was dreamy, perfectionist, eager to fall in love.

I dreamt of him again. After college, I'll pursue my studies in Europe, study in Cambridge, where I will meet him by accident.

He will accidentally bump me, my books will fall and he will offer help.

Then we will both bend down and looked at each other's eyes, hold a book together, as our eyes flicker in love at first sight.

Then he will introduce himself to me and we will be married after college and will live happily ever after.

But none of it happened. Not even the happily ever after.

I promised myself that this will be the last, the after this, I will ask for help.

Help from Mark.

I will lend money from him, if he will let me. At least, after that, I can disassociate myself from Vince and start a simple life with my Valerie Maegan.

Even though Mark knew we are not really meant to be as lovers, he is always there for me, at least, to be a knight in shining armour.

I'm going to apply for cash advances from the hospital too, loan money, do whatever I can.

The next day Vince and I walked together in his house in Forbes.

I felt guilty.

Last night, he should be with her, hugging her, checking on her.

He should not be with me. He should be with her, she needed him.

A wide smile was pasted on Duchess Katherine's face, like she knew something I don't, or like she knew something we knew.

"Vince! I want a hamburger." She pouted.

Vince just nodded and hold on his car keys. "Can you bring Monique with you?" She asked.

I frowned and looked up at him. "But I needed to be with you..."

"Oh I'm totally fine! Two hours won't hurt!" She excitedly said.

"Let's go?" Vince asked? Looking at me.

I nodded at him and followed him out.

During the whole ride we were silent. I didn't know I already fell asleep, my pregnancy made me sleepy most of the times.