Chapter Twenty Six

FREE and EDITED Version is up on Radish! It's on Chapter 33 Now. XOXO!
Chapter Twenty Six

A taste of Heaven.

I can define my life with this, as a taste of heaven. It's surreal...but I am sure it is real. We are a couple. An official husband and wife.

We had to go back to America to peacefully live, we attract less media at the country and I wanted to be with mom and dad too.

At weekends, we spend the night with them, mostly on our house or sometimes at Vince's beach house.

We also moved in one of his mansions, the one in Forbes.

I cannot count how many properties he has, excluding those of his parents.

I continued with my profession while Vince had his work too.

At times when he has to go out of the country he will make sure to go home at night.

He always try to make it at night.

But if he can't he will always bring me with him.

I tried telling him that it wasn't necessary, that I trust him. But he just won't listen.

I just got home from work and started cooking our dinner. I did not want any maid I told him but during weekends he hire someone to clean the house.

Today I received the invitation from Tim and Teresa's wedding. Most of the time we call her Tessa. I've barely met them since Tim moved out of America for business purposes.

That's when he met Tessa.

He's head over heels in love with her, but for some illogical reasons he cheated on her. But now, finally, they will be wedded.

I hadn't spilled it to him yet, that I got married to Vince. I'm sure he will be happy for me.

I left the invitation on our bedside table and took a shower as I wait for Vince for dinner.

----

"Yes. Buy them all. The twenty percent. Yeah." I heard Vince's voice. Had he been buying shares of stocks again?

"I don't care about the price I can afford it."

"I'm taking the risk. Win or lose. I wanted that twenty percent." He said and ended the call.

I hugged him from the back to lessen the stress he is feeling. "Honey, do you want a massage? Seems like you are stressed out."

He looked at me with grim eyes, like he was not telling me something. He gave me a weak smile and kissed my lips.

He walked silently with me towards the dining room. I'm sure something's bothering him.

As we eat together, I tried not to question him but I just couldn't. I know a few things now about business since usually, when Vince arrive from work he will tell me things about the corporate world.

It is hard to comprehend but I've been trying my best to absorb them all. It was like studying a foreign language, hard at first but as you practice you will be more comfortable.

"Are you buying a new company?" I asked as a take a bite of my food.

"Yeah" he simply said.

"Which one?"

"An agricultural company in the Philippines." He said, not expanding anymore.

"Wow. Asia." I said in awe.