Chapter Twenty Three

I do not know where we are heading, all I know is that I'm following Vince.

After meeting those couple Vince bought me an ice cream to uplift my mood.

And it seemed effective.

We sat on park benches with an ice cream cone in our hands, looking over the little kids playing around the park.

Then now we are walking again. "Are we near?" I asked.

He just gave me a boyish smile and grabbed my waist and kissed me.

Oh I will still love him even if he really has those eyeglasses on and that crazy hair style on. His smile never fail to make my heart skip a beat.

He pulled me further and surprise caught me.

My eyes grew wider, jaw fell and amusement fill in me.

"This is what the paper says." He said.

We saw a lot of couple dancing tango. "Are you ready for this?" I smiled and excitedly nodded.

He brought me to Seine, a popular place where couples dance Tango on public. I am glad that I wore a black, figure hugging dress.

I twist my curly hair into a bun and smiled at him as we walk in the middle of the crowd.

Our hands intertwined while our other hands were at each others back.

Our faces are near with each other that we are almost kissing.

The beat started, and we walk in rhythm, warming up with the tune.

I am glad I can dance. Tango can really be hard.

And it is obvious that Vince is professional with this. I smiled crazily and looked at him. "What?" He asked, as we continue to move.

"You are great with this, what if I do not know how to dance? I could have step on your feet a lot of times."

He had a wicked grin on his face, "Trust me honey I know you well and I know you can dance."

I did not get what he meant but just continued with the flow.

We might look like a nerd couple in between the couples in Seine but we are the happiest one.

I can even live like this, just so Vince will be this happy, playful and sweet.

Those hurtful words he said faded the moment he told me he was falling.

It was enough for me to forget everything.

But what the couple said stayed on my mind.

Second chances aren't granted to everyone.

"Hey." He said, seemingly knew that I was in deep thought.

I smiled at him, "You are thinking about what the couple said." He said in as-a-matter-of-fact tone.

I frowned, "How did you know?"

He stopped from moving, held my cheeks and kissed me on the lips.

"You are not hard to read honey. You might not be wordy about it but I can feel it."

I smiled at him. My mom once said that Dad can always read her and it happens to people who knew each other well.

It happens when you had that certain connection with each other, a connection that only the two of you knew.

I looked up at him and placed my hand over his neck. "I will always forgive you honey." I said.

"I know six months is not too long to say that we will be like this forever and you might change your feelings for me."

"You might go and look for someone, but always remember that when you get tired of chasing I will always be here, with open arms, I will welcome you."

"Shh. We are making this work right?" He said and I hugged him tight. I wish Vince. I wish.

And later that night there was fireworks disturbing our sweet hugging.

But I was surprised, because it wasn't a simple art and dazzling colors did the fireworks had.

But something was written on it.

"I'm falling for you Monique."

I looked at him and he was grinning from ear to ear as he look at me, I grabbed his face and kissed him, unendingly professing my love for him.

---

Days and days has passed and we've been having a good progress in our relationship. We spend time together, he always bring me to work with 911--his favorite car.

He said he calls it 911 because in case of emergency? It is always on the go.

And actually I find it cute when he calls it that way.

At night he also fetch me and we share a good dinner and make love.

Today he told me he was going to race. Have I mentioned that he is a Formula One racer? And he looks really hot on his suit.

I told him I'll spend the day with his mom and I cannot watch him.

I was busy on marinating the steak when I felt his hand on my waist leaving kisses on my neck.

I giggled and turn to look at him. "Hey. Mom might caught us!" I weakly warned.

He was acting like a baby, resting his head on my neck, his breath tickling me.

"Aren't you going to watch me?" He persuade, his face not leaving my neck.

"No honey. It is mom and I's first bonding together. You always postpone this."

He move away and pouted. I giggled and tiptoed, careful not to touch him with my messy hands and kissed him.

It was a simple kiss but it turned into a possessive one.

I felt Vince lifting me up to the kitchen counter, deepening our shared kiss.

"Hey lovebirds, go to your room and make babies!" Mom squealed.

I blushed and hid my face on Vince's chest. I should have not kissed him!

Vince rolled his eyes. "Mom can you not knock at least?" He asked helping me go down from the kitchen counter.

"Oh I'm sure you will not hear even though I did." She said. "Come on, go up to your room and make babies! Can you have a twin for the first born? I've always wanted twins!" She excitedly said.

"Mom!"

I am sure I am as red as tomato.

"I'm going now." Vince said, holding my chin, forcing me to look at him.

He bend down to gave me a peck on the lips and leaned over my ear. "Laters baby." And chuckled.

If it was possible to even be redder I could have been.

"Bye mom" he said and kissed her forehead.

"Vincent you take care okay? You will still make babies later!"

He just raised a hand and did not even looked back.

Mom looked at me with a meaningful smile on her face. "I have an aphrodisiac wine. Wear something sexy later and give him that wine and I'm sure he will not get enough of you."

Oh no. This is awkward Sex Education 101.

"Mom..." I was out of words.

"Oh I know you're a doctor and you know that's true."

I just shrugged and did not answer her.

Oh. This is going to be a long day.