Chapter Twenty Nine

Radish is on Chapter 36!

Chapter Twenty Nine

I ride on the shuttle together with the other guests. Vince did not even offer to give me a ride.

Funny how he acts like he doesn't know me because even I was almost believing it.

I breathed hard and thought of David again...

What will I do now David? What will I do?

David is my comfort zone. Maybe that is why I've been with him. He always makes me feel safe and wanted.

I know I'm being unfair, but somehow, I know, that if he lived, I wouldn't be at the same situation.

Maybe we had a little family now.

I knew I have to seat with them, but I chose to seat at the end table where there were only two people seating.

I almost land on the chair when Sophia called my attention, "Hey!" She greeted. "Monique right? You should join us!"

I smiled and shook my head. "I'm fine here."

"No! This is a reserve seating." She said. "You will seat with us." She was authoritative that I was a little bit startled. She looked like an horsewoman who was ready to fight.

She sweetly smiled at me, "Let's go?"

I nervously nodded at her.

They were all seated already when I arrived. Unluckily, the vacant seat was right beside Vince and right in front of Duchess Katherine.

She eyed me, like she was rating me. I just looked away.

I know I am nothing compared to her.

If it isn't just rude to go back to my hotel room I will.

I'm also planning to book a flight tonight back to the states.

I just did not want to cause Vince more trouble. What if I go crazy and tell everyone we are married?

I smiled and closed my eyes. I imagined him eyeing me, telling everyone he does not know me.

How much will it hurt to be offended in front of everyone? By someone who you thought will always be there for you?

I ate silently as I try not to mind things they were saying.

Vince knew everything about Katherine, even her favorite car.

Does he even know it is my birthday tomorrow?

I guess not.

It was like a stab in my heart to know that she named his car 911. She was looking for 911, which I thought was a car exclusively used by us.

911 stands for emergency. It is the car he uses whenever Duchess Katherine needs saving.

It was hard to be here. Silently competing with her, although at the end of the day I knew who will win.

They talked about his stay here. Apparently he was staying here for the whole time he was not with me.

There was a deep frown in Prince Jeanne's face, like he was not happy to see Vince talking to her wife.