Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Forty Two

I proceeded to the island as Alexander instructed. I was excited to bring the new stroller I bought for my Valerie Maegan. I am sure Monique loved this one.

Then I wondered, why was she crying? Did she thought I bought this for Katherine's baby?

Damn! I forgot that she thought it was mine!

Damn. I have a lot of explanations to do, but now I have to prepare the whole room.

Since the day I brought her here I started buying baby stuffs, and actually, I almost bought them all.

From the feeding bottles, to the classical musics, to weighing scales, to crib, to the lullaby songs and even a bunny I saw which I guess my baby would like!

I'm so excited to have a baby!

Monique will be happy with these too, I know.

All I have to do now is to wait for her, explain things to her, and she would then forgive me.

Damn. Why am I getting nervous?

I turned on the little flower speakers that revolves as it plays a lullaby.

I'm sure my baby would like this.

I even bought onesies for her, but Monique and I would buy more the moment we knew she is pregnant.

I hope that day will come soon.

On the side I put on the new stroller, it was a baby pink girly stroller that my Valerie Maegan would love.

I also have sets of pregnancy books for the preparation, what to expect, and what to do.

I'm so excited to have a family. Finally.

Alexander told me to wait here at the island, he did not want me to join the operation for I might "scare the prey". I told him not to hurt her. He promised he wouldn't and I told him to handle her with care.

I smiled as I imagine Monique's face.

Positively, I said to myself. "This is it. The start of our happily ever after."

----

I knocked three times and after awhile Mark opened his door, shocked to see me.

"Hey." He said with a smile. "Come in."

This is too much, and I just really needed a shoulder to cry on.

I hugged him and let the tears flow.

We sat on the sofa. I told him what happened, everything.

That painful experience witnessing how happy Vince was when he knew Kathy was pregnant. The debt. I, checking up on their baby.

"And." I said, breathing hard to gain some strength. "I'm pregnant. Seven weeks."

He smiled genuinely and wiped my tears away. Just how I wanted Vince to do.

"Stop crying Monique, it will be bad for the baby."

I told him the incident that happened that pushed me to leave.

Two men claiming to be the father of one baby.

While my baby, has no father at all.

I cried and cried again. Sorry baby. Sorry if momma's a failure.

Mark held my chin, forcing me to look at him. He studied my face, looking at me like I was a thing worthy to be taken care of. "Will you let me help you? Start a new? Be the father of your child? Will you let me save you Monique? Because I am willing. It will make me the happiest man alive."