Chapter 2: Release

It would be a few weeks after the cretaceous dinosaurs have been caught, mutated, and placed in Terrarium. During those weeks, they were given proper lessons and updates about what to expect from the 21st century. This would include its history, technology, culture, and people. With every lesson that was taught by the lab workers at the base, Tex and Caren were starting to understand how the world was working, even though there was much more to learn. Kireina, however, didn't seem too into it. Although she was learning like the others, she didn't find any interest in how the humans run things due to her wanting to go back to her savage ways.

One day, the three, including veteran projects Shane the stegosaurus, Blaster the pteranodon, and new edition Rover the didelphodon, were called in by Leonard Hero and his generals. They would all meet in a large garage room by the front entrance. Next to them was a long railing that had different clothing set up and a table with a row of different colored metal bracelets. These bracelets also had different colored marbles in them. The group walked up to and approached Hero and the generals, who stood there with a formal pose with his hands behind his back.

 The group walked up to and approached Hero and the generals, who stood there with a formal pose with his hands behind his back

"Dinosaurs, great news today. You are all being given the privilege to explore the modern world today. This means you are all getting out," Hero announces. Though this made Blaster cheer in joy and Shane smiled, Tex, Caren, and Kireina were surprised, especially after they had only received a few weeks of being in the base.

"Wait really? You're letting us go? But we haven't even been here for that long" Tex asks, trying to get clear of what's happening.

"Well, Tex, I'll be glad to clarify for you. You see, for the last few weeks, you have all done well in working together to handle life here at the base and get the newbies used to modern living. But as a test to see how well your cooperation skills have evolved and, to give you all a taste of what the real world outside is like, I am giving you all a chance to explore it for one day, and that day happens to be today" Hero explains.

"So, you're letting us go today? Like, see what the outside world is like?" Caren asks. Hero would nod his yes to answer her.

"Just a few miles outside our base, just across the desert, is an urban city, called Hell Creek. The city stands at the typical big-city structure, although crime is very high and the streets are very crowded. You five and your didelphodon pet will be escorted into the city by Grey. Once there, he will drop you off and let you all explore the city at your own will" Hero continues. But Shane remained skeptical when he said the group would be dropped off in the middle of the city.

"Um, sir, when you say we'll be dropped off in the city, are you expecting us to wander around the human crowd? Especially with the way we look?" he asks. He would obviously mean that the human crowd would probably be terrified if they saw a bunch of anthropomorphic dinosaurs wandering the streets of the city. Fortunately, Hero had that covered.