Chapter 14: Celebrate

The city of Hell Creek is bristling with celebration. The sky was bright blue, the buildings were sparkling from the warm sun, and the streets were populated with gathered people. In the town's square, people were gathered around the front stage where the mayor of Hell Creek was announcing the events following the crashing of the Terrarium airship to the arrest of Leonard Hero. On the stage were also Emily Tops, Bryce Brach, and Owen Spencers, who were there to congratulate Emily's success in stopping Hero.

"And so, my people of this semi grand city, we gather here today to congratulate the success of our city's finest detective, Emily Tops, who bravely infiltrated the hidden keeps of the shadow company, Terrarium, easily took down an advance warship to save our city and arrest the crime crook, Leonard Hero" announced the city's mayor. He was a tall, semi-overweight man who wore a blue suit, red tie, and had a smooth haircut. He stood at a podium with a microphone so that the entire square could listen to his speech.

As Emily listened to his speech, she looked out into the crowd to see if any friends of hers were here to watch her ceremony. To her joy, though, she would spot the dinosaur team in the middle of the crowd, wearing their human forms to disguise themselves. The entire team was present, including Tex, Caren, Shane, Blaster, Morgan, Revit, and Rover. Peter was also there, having intended to stay with the group since the airship crash. Emily was very happy to see her friends here congratulate her, even though she owed them a lot of congrats for helping her in the first place.

"With that covered, Ms. Tops?" The mayor called as he looked back at Emily. She would approach him once she heard him call. "This city owes you and your station a great thanks for your help. To show our support, I hereby award you with this medal of honor and bravery." The mayor would then bestow Emily with a star-shaped golden metal with a red ribbon attached. He would pin this onto her jacket. "This city owes you a great debt, young lady," he says before he gives her a salute, with her proudly replying to. "To Emily Tops of the Hell Creek Police Department!"

As the mayor cheered this, the entire crowd would suddenly shout out happily and clap as they congratulated Emily

As the mayor cheered this, the entire crowd would suddenly shout out happily and clap as they congratulated Emily. The team itself would also cheer and clap as they felt glad that Emily was feeling this honor. To be adored and congratulated by this many people wasn't Emily's dream, but this was something she was very happy about.

"Congratulations, kiddo, you managed to dive into the fire and pull yourself out. I knew you could do it" Bryce says, pulling Emily off to the side. He felt very proud of how she was able to risk this mission and pull through in the end. Grateful for his support, Emily would hug him. He would, of course, return the hug.

"Thanks, Dad," she says warmly.